Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
davek Offline OP
OP Offline
Dude your killing me. Your tring to reinvent the wheel. Just dial in via the RMATS port, no travel required. 'cha ip-codec x' and set the modem to relay or pass-through. Then test the modem. I bet it works.
Just for completeness, I will add that this had no effect on our immediate issue of getting the modem to answer.

While I don't dispute that it was something that the admin should have been done when the ports were originally configured, I traced the issue with only being able to connect at 1200bps to an error in an early revision of the modem manufacturer's documentation, which in turn led to an incorrect DIP switch setting, which limited the modulation scheme to V.22.

Thanks again,

--Dave
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

davek, just something else to cloud up your quest. I wonder if the real problem isn't the modems ability to recognize the ring frequency coming from the S8500. I believe the power supplies in the switch have the ablility to option either 20 or 25 mhz.
Just a shot in the dark.

davek Offline OP
OP Offline
I believe the power supplies in the switch have the ablility to option either 20 or 25 mhz.
...you meant Hz (Hertz) or cycles per second.

No, as I asserted from the onset, the problem was the cadence.

The modem vendor supplied an update which resolved the problem.

Thanks,

--Dave
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,972 Shoretel
190,154 CTX100 install
188,335 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 70 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024