web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#8738 12/06/05 01:45 AM
Telix for DOS runs in a DOS window under XP, there's also a windows version that runs in native XP mode. It does more than hyperterminal ever thought about, and I think everything Procomm does. For simple tasks they're all the same, but if you need more features or scripting Procomm or Telix are great. Personally, I never use hyperterminal.

Joe
---
No trees were harmed as a result of this posting; however, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#8739 12/07/05 09:48 AM
Procomm plus' scripting is a godsend. Used it a lot to clone Mitel Smart dialers and trap smdr downloads. It's real flexible on terminal emmulation and in the past came in real handy to test various serial networks we used to work on but those type of networks are going away rapidly

Kerry

#8740 01/02/06 02:32 PM
dtu Offline
I use Procomm Plus to dial into and to telnet to many different PABXs. I find it to be benficial to use one program to access many PABXs in different ways.
I use to use the Quaterdeck version 4.7 but found with XP SP2 I had to upgrade to the Symantec 4.8 version and it works fine.

The srcipting side of it is definately a bonus, as is being copy to file or print or to port. As is bening able to paste text back in to speed some commands up without writing a script for it.

I have never had to load anything (files) on the host (PABX) side to access the system when using Procomm. I did when I had to use PCanywhere to acces one PABX but now I use RAdmin (RAdmin you still need files on both sides but it works better for me).

#8741 02/06/06 08:14 AM
Although Symantec doesn't officially support Procomm Plus on XP, and the last release (4.8) is six years old, they do say that it works ok unofficially, and have a list on their site of the known issues. None of these was a show-stopper for me; the program occasionally terminates unexpectedly under XP, but I don't think I've ever used a Windows program that didn't. Paul is correct, there's really nothing else XP-compatible out there as far as I know that works well on the Executone IDS, and nothing at all that does so and supports scripts. I was able to find a new, legit, licensed version for a lot less than the price from Symantec; google it and you can find a wide variety of prices, depending on how much risk you want to take.

#8742 02/06/06 09:50 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I use it every day on my XP and it works fine for anything from Comdial to Vodavi, old or new. Granted, Procomm Plus has it's quirks, I would rather use it than anything else. I actually prefer the original DOS version, but those days are pretty much gone. Maybe because it's just what I have been using forever, but hey, it works.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#8743 02/07/06 03:22 PM
A little late, but had to clarify who the original evil-empire was.

Peter rabbit, do you know why apple has only 10% of the market. 1) MS stole their OS 2) MS twisted their arms into submission 3) Greed.

Greed is the answer. Way back when apple came out with their gui, many hardware manufactures wanted to license their product, but apple had nothing to do with them. If you wanted their OS you also had to buy their machine. Thus putting HP, Compaq, IBM, Dell, etc... in quite a pickle. So MS focused on OS only while apple wanted both OS and Hardware sells. This backed-fired and MS spread like will fire because they couldn’t give a rat’s ass what machine used their applications.

Now for your weak rants about how MS software is full of viruses and worms and hacks and crashes and so for and so on, the same old rhetoric that you would expect from so-called newbies. It’s because they own 90% of the market that the hacks focus on MS products for flaws in the OS. Trust me I get notification monthly with flaws on mac’s and Linux machines, and if these OS’s dominated the market, they too would get more notoriety.

….but all-in-all to each his own and we all have our opinions. Substantiated or nor.

#8744 02/07/06 04:51 PM
try ZOC

#8745 02/07/06 05:08 PM
Just try and hack my Sun Systems UNIX OS . "You have mail" . I dare ya !

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
#8746 02/10/06 10:31 AM
what?

#8747 02/10/06 12:16 PM
Admin
Admin
Originally posted by OBTW:
Just try and hack my Sun Systems UNIX OS . "You have mail" . I dare ya !
You shouldn't say that unless your prepared to get hacked. My wife teachers computers and her students love a challange. Ive seen people say that then wave the white flag when the kids get at it.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,884
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,797 Shoretel
189,870 CTX100 install
187,998 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024