Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#81773 11/01/06 06:39 AM
cconley Offline OP
OP Offline
I just read through a search of 'phantom ring' posts, and did not find anything close to what I am experiencing with one client.

Call comes in and is either live ansewered or AA answers and call gets transferred to extension. No problem. When a message is left in Partner Mail VS all seems fine. Approx 60 seconds after message is left, Ext 10 rings on the ICM button... Display reads "Transfer Voice Messaging" and when you pick up the line, dead air.

System recently upgraded to ACS R7 and has Partner Mail VS R4.1 (I think that is the right version, not on site right now).

Any thoughts about why I would get a transfer from VMail to ext 10 after messages are left? Of course this means that wew get phantom rings all throughout the day... very disturbing.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions..

Craig Conley - Conley Communication Services
510-760-8128 or [email protected]

[Linked Image from conleycomm.com]
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#81774 11/01/06 09:43 AM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Did this problem start happening before the upgrade?

Extension 10 is the "0" timeout extension for the voicemail system. I wonder if there is no positive disconnect being detected, thus the system tries to transfer the non-existent call to that extension. :confused:

The only Partner Mail VS release that will work correctly with the Partner ACS R7 processor is the R5.

I Love FEATURE 00
#81775 11/01/06 09:46 AM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Did you change the extensions in #505 when you upgraded the ACS?

#81776 11/01/06 11:30 AM
The only Partner Mail VS release that will work correctly with the Partner ACS R7 processor is the R5.

I'm not sure about that and I do know that the R5 does have problems.

I'm assuming here that this problem started with the R7 upgrade? What I would do is default the ACS then program from scratch. If that doesn't work (assuming you programmed it right) I would replace it with an R6, at least just to see if the problem goes away.

Don't know why on earth someone sold them an R7 with all the problems it continues to have.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#81777 11/01/06 01:25 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Another thing to check is make sure the CO lines at the site in question has disconnect supervision on there lines. Different service providors have different names for this like: COD (cut off on disconnect) or CPC (called party control) or disconnect supervision.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#81778 11/02/06 10:00 AM
If you change the transfer timeout action and the operators destination to something other than 10 this will tell you it is a disconnect issue. Or simply call into you system while at 10 and watch the call go to voicemail trnasfer to someone mailbox leave a message and then hangup and watch the line lite and see what it does. This should also tell you if it is a reliable disconnect issue.
Good Luck

#81779 11/02/06 10:28 AM
Call comes in and is either live ansewered or AA answers and call gets transferred to extension. No problem. When a message is left in Partner Mail VS all seems fine. Approx 60 seconds after message is left, Ext 10 rings on the ICM button... Display reads "Transfer Voice Messaging" and when you pick up the line, dead air.

I don't see this as being a CPC disconnect issue. If the AA picked up, the caller hangs up and the dead line gets transferred to X10 because of the dial 0/ timeout (it has no idea that the caller hung up) then I would say check it.

That's not what's happening. The call is either transfered by the AA or manually to an extension. No answer- call goes to voicemail. At this point if there is no CPC and the caller hangs up the VM would just continue to record the dead air. Usually the CO will put a "Please hang up and try your call again" message on the line.

So, 60 seconds later, after the caller has left a message, something is transferred to X10 by the VM. This to me sounds like a bug, not a programming or CPC issue.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#81780 11/02/06 11:20 AM
Is there any common factor such as the same mailbox doing this or is it random, if it's random then I'll agree it sounds like a bug. But if its then same mailbox I would check outcalling for new messages and an incorrect number in the dial string. Just an idea. I've installed about 50 of these R-7 509s but most of the time the VM is either messaging or baby mail not the VS.
I would still say that monitoring the line and seeing if it disconnects would give you a clue on what is happening here....Bob

#81781 11/02/06 12:02 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
When they upgraded the control unit to a R.7. Did they upgrade the phones also? If not what type of phones are you useing?

I have seen the old MLS sets do phantom ringing. And it was the phones causeing the problem.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#81782 11/02/06 12:58 PM
I have seen the old MLS sets do phantom ringing. And it was the phones causeing the problem.

Yeah, I've seen that too (as well as other strange sounds) but the "Transfer Voice Messaging" on the display is what's really puzzling.

I would check outcalling for new messages and an incorrect number in the dial string.

You can have outcalling call another extension but it still works the same way. When you pick up it's going to say "extension XX, this is Partner Mail VS", etc. not dead air. Don't remember if Mail VS R4 will even do outcalling.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,904
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,034 Shoretel
190,240 CTX100 install
188,396 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 180 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024