web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#8013 09/28/05 08:02 AM
and Altigen...the high tech alternative.
and I wasn't going to go for the shameless plug! :rolleyes:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#8014 09/28/05 03:33 PM
Originally posted by telcomtex:
I have a customer who is getting out of a nortel because the upgrade of the old nortel she has is equal to 2/3 of the cost of the new system I am proposing to her. Much of that cost is software... not even replacing or renewing the old hardware!
This would not apply to Norstar or BCM (the Nortel system Trucker is looking at). It can happen on something like an Option 61, if the user doesn't take advantage of upgrade incentives when they are offered by Nortel (sometimes FREE!). This is an unfortunate situation. And, its usually a case of a vendor NOT taking care of their customer's interests.

As for the G700 vs. BCM. I'm certified on both and would take the BCM, no question. This is ABSOLUTELY a biased opinion (as is every other in this thread).

Now to shake things up a bit:
As long as we are adding to your list of systems to investigate, don't forget Cisco!

You are talking about 240 sites! If these sites are to be networked at all, I can't imagine them being anything other than Avaya, Cisco, or Nortel (alphabetical order).

subliminal message:
...buy nortel

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
#8015 09/28/05 03:53 PM
Cisco is VOIP only isn't it? No analog cababilities at all. Let's face it these days it is all about hybrid systems. Have your cake and eat it too!
No disrespect intended BCM Guy but Altigen can be networked, is a hybrid and alphabetically falls b4 Avaya wink

#8016 09/28/05 03:57 PM
No disrespect intended BCM Guy but Altigen can be networked, is a hybrid and alphabetically falls b4 Avaya wink
I like your style telcomtex. cool

Marty Beutler
#8017 09/28/05 05:14 PM
Cisco is VOIP only isn't it? No analog cababilities at all.
We don't sell Call Manager anymore. But, you can have analog ports by way of a gateway (fxs/fxo) or an ata (fxs only). There is no TDM bus, so everything is VoIP at some point.

We actually sold one once where ALL of the phones were standard 2500 sets. They wanted that "system" so bad that they spent their entire budget and didn't have enough funds for the IP sets. eek

Marty Beutler
#8018 09/28/05 05:54 PM
See that is what is cool about the Altigen...It is a server based system but you can install system boards ie. 4X8 analog to meet your needs just like any other tel system.
Cisco has great products for the data side but telephone...lets just say the jury is still out. My opinion :rolleyes:
I will admit that there are a lot of them installed out there but I have to wonder how much of that is branding and the fact that the IT manager has inherited the job of the communications manager in corporate America. Only us gray haired guys will remember what a communications manager is. laugh

#8019 09/28/05 11:16 PM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
QUOTE]We don't sell Call Manager anymore.

why not??

#8020 09/29/05 02:05 AM
Originally posted by upstateny:
why not??
I've got to head to a meeting that will last all morning. But, I will answer this later today.

In the mean time... anyone care to GUESS why we don't sell it anymore? laugh

Chat with you all later,

Marty

Marty Beutler
#8021 09/29/05 07:05 AM
Trucker Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by ev607797:
Trucker, I hope you aren't serious about limiting your choices to the two biggest flavors in the industry! Like Telcomtex said, chocolate and vanilla aren't the only flavors at the ice cream store. Don't be blinded by big names, and if you have the ultimate decision making power, or at least the ability to influence, use the $35K issue as an example of the bargain you will get dealing with them.

There are a lot of manufacturers (flavors) out there who would truly welcome your company's business. Just about all of them have national dealer coverage programs. Shop around and don't rush to any conclusions. A month or two of time researching beats years of complaints. From what you have indicated, you need to head in another direction and take your time in doing so.

Quite frankly, I don't know how the BIG companies stay in business, in fact they are both struggling and have been for years. Like auto manufacturers though, their names have become so predominant in our society that while the company may fail and go away, their name won't. Someone will just buy the use of it and make money.

Just look at AT&T for example. Once the highest-quality line of products and services in the world. Well worth the extra price; the stuff was really good. Now, their name is now all over cheap imported products, but only as a trademark. AT&T hasn't manufactured their own equipment for years; today, they just reap royalties for the use of thier logo by the highest bidder. Still, the general public recognizes that "big" name as being a stable brand. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Almost all of our new system sales come from recent (I mean REALLY recent, as in not even out of warranty) purchasers of these systems. The customers figure it's cheaper to completely replace the system than to pay the exhorbitant upgrade costs, fees, licenses, contracts, etc.

Do your research and do it well. You will be surprised at what you find.
Unfortunatley we are limited. We are currently an Avaya shop but the company who recently bought us are Nortels biggest National Account. They have BCMs in all of their locations worldwide.

If it doesn't ring, I can't help you
#8022 09/29/05 10:14 AM
Trucker, you'll have a small learning curve going from the Avaya to the Nortel. But, you won't go wrong with that platform.

...why we don't sell Cisco? I don't want to hijack this thread. My answer is here: https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001181

Good luck Trucker!

Marty Beutler
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,852
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,662 Shoretel
189,565 CTX100 install
187,845 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Keyset6, justbill, Yoda), 117 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024