web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yes, according to the dealer announcement, it will work with Legend R7 on an ETR port.
Since it has all the functionality of a regular ETR telephone, you can use it to transfer calls.

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Just a mention. I have used Engenious wireless, and had excellent results. Range is 4 or 5 blocks. They use an analog port, caller id, but no message lite.

The Engenius is a great product but none of the AVAYA systems will send caller ID to an analog device. ESI does send Caller ID out to all the analog ports, does any other system offer this?

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
The NEC DS1000 and DS2000 both offer Caller ID to analog extentions. It will also "create" it own caller ID for digital to analog extention intercom calls, so the analog users see who is intercomming them.

Don

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited December 12, 2004).]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nectec:
[B]Does anyone have a recommendation for a single line cordless telephone for a Partner ACS.

I once installed an analog for a customer who wanted CID on an analog cordless. I found a way to do it, but it takes a multi line cordless w/CID, . He payed me to put in the multi line cordless. He wanted system features on the cordless, but had to have CID. First line was off the system, the other lines were fed from the DMARC which fed the CID to the cordless. he owned the company, so he got what he wanted, also, his checks cashed, no problem. Not sure how much he payed for the multi line cordless though. Vtech makes multiline cordless w/CID

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
Has anyone used the 3910 on a switch with more than 2 lines? Concidering the 3910 but concerned because we have more than 2 lines. Would like the receptionist to use it some times and the TransTalk 9040 co$t$ too much.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Your best bet is to put the system in pool mode, put the regular phone sets back into key mode, and then use pool mode for the 3910.

You will get two pool buttons and two intercom buttons. Transfer calls, or use park and pickup.

I have been testing the Uniden ELT-560 and the Plantronics CT-12. MWI light, Caller ID and Caller ID on Call Waiting work well on TeleVantage which is a PC PBX designed to work wtih 2500 sets. I am about to test them on the Partner R7. I realize that Caller ID and MWI won't work but I'll find out what kind of functionality I can get out of them with the ACS.

What is prompting me to do this testing is that I have a client that wants a phone system for their retail store and I am looking at TeleVanatge R7 on the high end and the Partner ACS R7 on the low end. They want an easy to use system about 25 key phones and five cordless telephones that can be used to intercom each other, take calls off of hold, hold / park calls, and transfer calls. The building is 400’ by 300’ with most of that space open. The signal may need to pass through from 1 to 3 sheet rock / metal stud walls. I have never installed more than one or two cordless phones in an office other than my own where I have four of them. The Installation and Use manual for the 3910 says if you want to use 2 or 3 of them, keep the base units at least 5 feet apart. But they don’t mention how many can be used. I also read that the 9040 has better range than the 3910, but have no idea what that may mean in real world use.

I put in one partner system with (7) 3910 cordless -- work ok.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I have done the same setup that aarenot did using an off-the-shelf two-line cordless, just putting the first CO line on the system as line two (with ringing disabled) and a station port as line one (with ringing). It worked fine on a system that didn't support station-level caller ID.

Panasonic KX-TD systems (and up) offer station caller ID when the appropriate station modules/cards are installed.

Vodavi XTS, XTSc and STSe (with the appropriate station card) systems also provide station-level caller ID to industry-standard single-line devices of any type.

Unfortunately, no message waiting light is available since all generic cordless phones are designed to work with "telco" message waiting indication (FSK), not 90 volts DC that is provided by most systems.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,432 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,443 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024