atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nectec Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/26/04 11:36 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a single line cordless telephone for a Partner ACS. Would like for the message waiting indicator to work and maybe the caller id as well. The processor is R7.0. If anyone has used one that worked well let me know. Thanks, NECTEC
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/27/04 07:26 AM
Unfortunately, caller ID will not work on a single line extension.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/27/04 10:14 AM
Same for the MW light on a cordless! You're going to need to go to a Transtalk to get both of those features.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/28/04 04:28 AM
Avaya just released a new cordless for the ACS on 11/15/04. It is model 3910. It has less range than the Transtalk, but is also costs a lot less. It is targeted for people who need cordless capability within an office environment, whereas the Transtalk has the range to cover a warehouse. If you would like a copy of the dealer announcement, drop me an email and I will send you the PDF - it is 44 pages.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/28/04 09:53 AM
I don't even know of any off the shelf cordless phones with a message waiting light.

I would seriously consider the new Avaya cordless. Transtalks are very expensive!

I'd like a copy of that pdf too, if you don't mind.
Posted By: nectec Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/29/04 06:30 PM
BillyBob thanks for the info on the Avaya 3910. I downloaded the PDF doc. from Avaya.
It does indicate that it has a functional message waiting indicator but not caller ID. From the prices it looks to be about 100 dollars cheaper than the Transtalk. I wish Avaya would make a single line cordless with both of these features.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/29/04 09:21 PM
Umm...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the 3910 receive callerID since it is technically a system phone and not a t/r phone?
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/30/04 04:04 AM
NECTEC - The 3910 does have caller-id. Please look at the chart of features on page 9 of the PDF I mailed to you (I sent PDF to email address in your profile).
The "List" price of the 3910 is $695 vs. $1256 for the Transtalk 9040 - quite a difference. If you are an Avaya dealer you can check with your distributor for wholesale prices - if not, email me and I will provide that info.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 11/30/04 06:17 AM
Check out the VTech: VT5831 5.8GHz phones. We use them in a large brick building. We don't get the best range but they do have a display screen and a message waiting light that works. You can also set it so when they log in they get a audio alert (that is set up on the station form). These are pretty good phones for cordless. They're about 150.00.
Posted By: mmm00k Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/01/04 07:29 AM
A couple of questions about the Avaya 3910
1. Does it connect to a merlin legend ?
2. Could we forward the operator console to this phone and let the operator use it to transfer calls ?

Thanks
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/02/04 07:33 PM
Yes, according to the dealer announcement, it will work with Legend R7 on an ETR port.
Since it has all the functionality of a regular ETR telephone, you can use it to transfer calls.
Posted By: BW Telecom Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/03/04 04:46 PM
Just a mention. I have used Engenious wireless, and had excellent results. Range is 4 or 5 blocks. They use an analog port, caller id, but no message lite.
Posted By: Milestone Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/12/04 12:28 PM
The Engenius is a great product but none of the AVAYA systems will send caller ID to an analog device. ESI does send Caller ID out to all the analog ports, does any other system offer this?

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
Posted By: ttech Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/12/04 02:30 PM
The NEC DS1000 and DS2000 both offer Caller ID to analog extentions. It will also "create" it own caller ID for digital to analog extention intercom calls, so the analog users see who is intercomming them.

Don

[This message has been edited by ttech (edited December 12, 2004).]
Posted By: aarenot Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 12/25/04 04:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nectec:
[B]Does anyone have a recommendation for a single line cordless telephone for a Partner ACS.

I once installed an analog for a customer who wanted CID on an analog cordless. I found a way to do it, but it takes a multi line cordless w/CID, . He payed me to put in the multi line cordless. He wanted system features on the cordless, but had to have CID. First line was off the system, the other lines were fed from the DMARC which fed the CID to the cordless. he owned the company, so he got what he wanted, also, his checks cashed, no problem. Not sure how much he payed for the multi line cordless though. Vtech makes multiline cordless w/CID
Posted By: DP of DP Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 01/18/05 10:34 AM
Has anyone used the 3910 on a switch with more than 2 lines? Concidering the 3910 but concerned because we have more than 2 lines. Would like the receptionist to use it some times and the TransTalk 9040 co$t$ too much.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 01/18/05 11:06 PM
Your best bet is to put the system in pool mode, put the regular phone sets back into key mode, and then use pool mode for the 3910.

You will get two pool buttons and two intercom buttons. Transfer calls, or use park and pickup.
Posted By: George Thompson Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 01/03/06 11:28 AM
I have been testing the Uniden ELT-560 and the Plantronics CT-12. MWI light, Caller ID and Caller ID on Call Waiting work well on TeleVantage which is a PC PBX designed to work wtih 2500 sets. I am about to test them on the Partner R7. I realize that Caller ID and MWI won't work but I'll find out what kind of functionality I can get out of them with the ACS.

What is prompting me to do this testing is that I have a client that wants a phone system for their retail store and I am looking at TeleVanatge R7 on the high end and the Partner ACS R7 on the low end. They want an easy to use system about 25 key phones and five cordless telephones that can be used to intercom each other, take calls off of hold, hold / park calls, and transfer calls. The building is 400’ by 300’ with most of that space open. The signal may need to pass through from 1 to 3 sheet rock / metal stud walls. I have never installed more than one or two cordless phones in an office other than my own where I have four of them. The Installation and Use manual for the 3910 says if you want to use 2 or 3 of them, keep the base units at least 5 feet apart. But they don’t mention how many can be used. I also read that the 9040 has better range than the 3910, but have no idea what that may mean in real world use.
Posted By: dialtone Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 01/03/06 02:43 PM
I put in one partner system with (7) 3910 cordless -- work ok.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Single Line Cordless for ACS - 01/03/06 05:04 PM
I have done the same setup that aarenot did using an off-the-shelf two-line cordless, just putting the first CO line on the system as line two (with ringing disabled) and a station port as line one (with ringing). It worked fine on a system that didn't support station-level caller ID.

Panasonic KX-TD systems (and up) offer station caller ID when the appropriate station modules/cards are installed.

Vodavi XTS, XTSc and STSe (with the appropriate station card) systems also provide station-level caller ID to industry-standard single-line devices of any type.

Unfortunately, no message waiting light is available since all generic cordless phones are designed to work with "telco" message waiting indication (FSK), not 90 volts DC that is provided by most systems.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help