web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rd Offline OP
OP Offline
I have 2 DRM modules and 2 9040 cordless phones connected to ACS R5.0 and Partner VMS.

Each DRM module has one ext connected and one 9040 is registered. Both DRM modules are not connected using LINK and apart about 200 feet on 1st and 2nd floor atick.

My problem is sometimes when incoming call answered by 18D sets, both 9040 phones are start chirping and doing a PRESELECT A LINE operation with handset icon flashing and double beeps by itself. It will stop chirping when both will be placed back to base charger.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

RD

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I have never had this problem but this is a few things I would try to clear problem. Does it happen when any 18D answer the call or just one 18D? Are they answering incoming calls or intercom calls? Are the 9040 radio modules and the phones answering the calls in the same module? What happen if you take one of the 9040 out of service or regist. one for channel 1 and the 2nd one for channel 2?

The manual on the 9040 states that if you have 2 dual radio modules in single zone operation; the two modules must be connected together!!

[This message has been edited by dialtone (edited November 19, 2003).]

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Those DRM's are competing for the radio frequency spectrum. They HAVE to be linked together, so each knows what the other is doing!. Can you just locate one of them centrally and put both extensions on it? Or can you get a wire run between them and link them together?

rd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your feedback,

dialtone:
-Yes, It happened when incoming call answered from any 18D extension.
- I have 308R3 and ACS R5 main module, both DRM are other exts are on same modules. Total capacity used.
- I am not sure about removing one and/or registered both 9040 on single DRM.

Touch Tone Tommy:
- for link wire, what is maximum lenght for link wire? Link cable came with these phone is only 2 feet and my both DRM are about 100 feet away in different floors. I will try to move in center location.

I also want to tell you that one of the 9040 phone is repaired recently under warranty, does this related with this problem?

Thank you for your time and help.

RD

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,904
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,034 Shoretel
190,238 CTX100 install
188,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024