web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
#6938 08/04/05 02:43 PM
I beleive we have discussed many times NOT to post prices on an open forum...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#6939 08/04/05 02:48 PM
Admin
Admin
No one wants to see you screw up but we see on a daily basis computer guys saying I can do telecom. The recently posted picture says it all..

https://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realization1zq.jpg

Another Crisco defective experiment..

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[This message has been edited by RATHER BE FISHING (edited August 04, 2005).]

[Linked Image]
#6940 08/04/05 03:09 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
That pic from rather go fishing just about sums it up. I'am sure the IT guy said it was a hardware problem!

Ev your allowed to get up on the soap box on this one.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
#6941 08/05/05 05:42 AM
squeakygeek,

Considering your computer knowledge, I think you would be well served to look in to a server based IP-PBX. There are several to consider, even for such a small site.

I was/am a data guy, Microsoft and Cisco type, and my experience with server based IP-PBXs has been quite enjoyable. About three years ago I dived into the VoIP technology on such systems and found that the learning curve in connecting the system to the carrier (as many previous posts have suggested) is the trickiest part. That being said, for such a small site it shouldn't be too difficult.

The system I have been installing is the AltiGen IP-PBX (I admit I am biased!). The VoIP phones are simple to connect and configure. The system can connect to analog lines or a T1/PRI from your carrier very easily (I would be happy to help you in this process as well). What's more is that the administrative interface is very simple for 'data oriented' people like ourselves, which makes installation and maintenance no more difficult than any other Windows server.

Enjoy!!

#6942 08/05/05 07:12 AM
I am the official NORTEL tech for my company (I think I'm the only one that can get into programming) Does that mean I know what I'm doing? Kinda, but it was a steap learning curve, I did a lot of scrolling through the menus and fortunately I started with adds and moves, I now can do a simple install. Since your green to phone systems, I think any system you do will be a challenge. I know that what makes perfect sense to a Nortel tech is asanine to me and what makes sense to a NEC tech would drive an Nortel tech to drink. If it is going to be a simple install, then you should be OK but if there is anything eleaborate ( tennant services, hunt groups, ect, then it will be a real challenge). The hardest part is catering the capabilities of the system to the needs and wants of the clients. My two cents: expect a lot of dead ends, expect a helping hand from this board but DON"T expect anyone from this board to walk you through step by step the complete system install for FREE. There is an unwritten rule that when 1 installer ask for help on an issue, we help them, but you can't expect hours of free time even on the installer level.

Keep us posted and remeber we're here to give a helping hand. But like any business if you need a hand out you need to hire a professional.

(I'm good at solitaire on the computer, think I'll build a Linux based network!)

Good Luck

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#6943 08/05/05 11:48 AM
OP Offline
I ordered the system today:

Norstar MICS
6.1 software
callpilot 100 4x10
(2) 4x0 caller ID modules
(4) T7316E phones

We also have 5 M7 series phones from the old Meridian system.

I will install the equipment myself and attempt the programming. I have contacted an installer who will take over if I fail at the programming, but I still think I can do it, although it's nice to have the fun without the pressure [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Everything is new with a 2 year warranty, and comes with manuals. I ordered UPS ground shipping, and I was told to expect it late next week.

For those of you who think it's going to be a messy hack install, just wait for the pictures [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#6944 08/05/05 01:31 PM
Admin
Admin
7.0 is current software level. You bought a 10 mailbox voicemail for 9 phones? Cutting it kinda close. I'd fire any salesman that sold a customer a voice mail with potentially one box left over without upgrading. Oh well.

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[Linked Image]
#6945 08/05/05 01:49 PM
Sit back...Ladies & Gents cause the fun is just beginning.......

#6946 08/05/05 01:50 PM
Anybody want to get in a betting pool????

I say he gets in a major VM jam...and suffocates...

#6947 08/05/05 02:16 PM
For those of you who think it's going to be a messy hack install, just wait for the pictures

How would you even know what it's supposed to look like and how it's supposed to be done?

I see it all the time, installs of gray market equipment by alarm guys, electricians, computer geeks and the owners themselves. It may make sense to them, be neat and even work but at some point someone else may have to service it.

I've walked away from servicing some of these systems because for what I would have to charge the customer time wise to figure out what was done and where the problem is I could rip it out and re-install it properly. I tell the customer to call whoever installed the mess and the answer always is something like "he won't come, we can't find him, or (my favorite) he's dead, that's why we called you".

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 137 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024