Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#6238 05/26/05 02:24 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Is anyone having the issues I am with faxes from Telemarketers?

I am the PBX Administrator as well as the switchboard operator. We get junk faxes by the dozens every week. They come to our fax lines, to our direct dial lines, to my switchboard and the hunting numbers. We are being bombarded by these things.

Calling the opt out number at the bottom of the page only makes things worse. Calling and threatening them doesn't work. They even go as far as to block our number from reaching them. I've threatened them with the PSC and the FCC and have threatened lawsuit.

This is getting completely out of control. We can't change our numbers. Those that come directly to telephones won't stop until you transfer the call to a fax machine and print them so you end up using toner and paper on this stuff.

Has anyone found anything that works?

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#6239 05/26/05 03:01 AM
We ended up putting caller ID with unknown number blocking on our fax lines. It is a bit of a pain as we occasionally have to disable it to allow a fax through, but it has saved us a great deal of aggravation.
Also, you can complain to the FCC on their web site. I did so and faxed off all of the offending faxes to the FCC. It probably won't ammount to anything, but it has given me some satisfaction that, just maybe, the FCC might fine them.
Last, I have called a couple of the 800 numbers, not the remove numbers, but the number for the "cheap vacation" or whatever it is. I call and tie them up for as long as I can before finally telling them that I am reporting them to the FCC. I keep doing this until they block that number, then move onto my other lines. Again, it might not do anything constructive, but at least it is costing those jerks some money.

#6240 05/26/05 03:18 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
We had the same problem and ended up having to change our fax number because it was so out of control. Of course, this stopped most of it and we are really careful about giving out our fax number on things like free magazine subscriptions, e-magazines, etc. I just use a vacant DID number here if a form requires that the information be there. If someone wants to send us a legitimate fax, then they can call us to get the number. Sure, it was a pain to replace our letterhead, etc. but I think in the long run, the savings on toner and paper will offset the cost.

We also set our DID number for the fax to only work during daytime hours. Most of the junk faxes were coming in after hours anyway in mass sendings. We have it so that it remains working one hour after close of business and one hour prior to opening. Few legitimate senders would be working outside of those hours.

The only one that has me stumped is a local Chinese restaurant that sends their daily menu of specials. Our old fax number doesn't have a recording giving out the new one, so I just can't figure out how they got the new one! Ancient Chinese secret, I suppose.

The most annoying thing I have noticed lately is simple hangup calls. When they come in, every one of our 60 DID numbers gets called sequentially, always from the same calling number. We try to call that number back but it is always busy. I guess it's some kind of automatic dialer that is checking for available numbers or something. It happens at home, on my cell phone, other local businesses, etc. All of our numbers are on the Do Not Call registry, but that hasn't done much to block telemarketers.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#6241 05/26/05 03:28 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
We switched over to efax about 1 1/2 years ago and problem is gone, simply delete the faxes you don't want and we don't get many of them at all.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#6242 05/26/05 03:28 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
We have over 600 Direct Dial numbers so I can't change those and those get hit constantly with junk faxes. The worst is the switchboard, they are hitting all 17 of our hunting voice lines. We get them all day and night. When they come at night, the switchboard can't bring the call in so it rings the factory night bell... sometimes for hours until they give up or I come in.

I have called the 800 for the removal and I've called the lines for the vacations. I've asked them nice and not so nice to stop. They think it's a big joke.

We get faxes from all over the world 24/7 so night blocking would only stop a few. I'm frustrated and at my ropes end.

This needs to be a battle in the legal world. I've read where people have sued and won and are still getting faxed. Between spyware and junk faxes a person could go insane!

Thanks, Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
#6243 05/26/05 04:53 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
So you know where their coming from?
You've asked to be taken off the list?
and they think it's a joke?
Have you tried the Hall of Shame?
https://www.sundance-communications...cs&forum=Hall+of+Shame&number=25

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers

#6244 05/26/05 05:01 AM
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
No, I didn't take it to the Hall of Shame as I don't know the sender.

One of them referenced a Disney Vacation so I went after the Disney Corporation and their lawyer contacted me back to state that they were in no way involved in these but he was aware of them and was trying to figure it out as well.

These are non name posting companies that cause this amount of junk. These are either fax broadcasters or companies going through fax broadcasters. Either way they are slime.

Has anyone gone after these legally???? I'd like to hear about the battle. Case studies online have shown people to sue and win yet they are still being faxed.

Thanks

#6245 05/26/05 05:17 AM
I came across this site, while is may not pertain to faxes, it does have some intresting ways to deal with telemarketers. Its a rather large site with links within, and there might be a bit on how to deal with fax spam. Good luck!
https://www.scn.org/~bk269/telemarketing.html

#6246 05/26/05 05:28 AM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
First off you need to find out where their coming from, I'm betting it one company.
Can you send me a few (2 or 3) different faxes?
If you can send them to 702-920-8308 and Might be able to find out where their coming from.

#6247 05/26/05 06:26 AM
did you try the do not call directory
and i thought there was a new law and penalties for junk faxes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,426 Shoretel
189,198 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 116 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024