Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#60711 11/26/08 04:56 AM
Originally posted by dfleschute:
The headset connect tone is only used on phones having Agents with Auto-Connect. The phones in question do not have the Headset connect tone active.
Where did you read that?
From the manual:
“Headset Connect Tone” Station Flag
12.85 The “Headset Connect Tone” flag will send a single tone to a headset, instead of normal
phone ring tones, when a call is ringing at the station (non-handsfree intercom call, outside
call, queue callback, or reminder message). The tone is sent only once, when the call is
received, and will not repeat even if the call continues to ring unanswered. It is intended as a
“wake up” tone for headsets that have a power-saving function that allows the device to
“sleep” if idle for a set period. The flag is programmed on a station-by-station basis. By default
the flag is disabled.

60% of the time it works every time
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#60712 11/26/08 06:24 AM
OP Offline
No. That's how our phones are set. We have two call centers. The center receiving the high volume of calls have auto connect agents and the headset tone enabled. The other receives relatively few calls. They don't wear their headsets until a call is routed to them. So those agents are not auto connect and do not have the headset tone enabled.

#60713 11/26/08 08:58 AM
What I'm saying is I don't see the correlation between auto connect and the headset connect tone flag.

I understand auto connect Agents receive a short tone before being connected, but that is different. All I'm trying to suggest is if you enable headset connect tones and it wakes the sleepy headset up then your problem is fixed. It can't hurt, can it?

60% of the time it works every time
#60714 11/26/08 09:14 AM
OP Offline
I didn't follow your line of thought. I've not heard of the headsets going into sleep mode. I've been here four years. We've been using the same headsets and phones the entire time. This just started a little over a month ago.

I'll make the change to the flag.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,108 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024