web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Tonight I experimented enough with the tenant features to think that it will work just like you said (not that I didn't believe you!). One thing I found is that it seems like the call routing in 225 seems to only follow tenant 1's schedule. I guess you have to assign the department to a tenant then do the routing in 331. Also, turning on tenants blew out my Automatic Day/Night tables. Hopefully there aren't any other unexpected things that changed.

Thanks for your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Depending on which extensions are in Tenant 1 and tenant 2, the Day/Night tables should have stayed the same for tenant 1. You will need to make a new table for tenant 2. If you look at the department programming, there is a place to designate which tenant is in that department. You have to make a new department to include call coverage as well as call rerouting for the new tenant group.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Do I need to make a new department or can I just assign the department I already have to tenant 2?

Steve

OP Offline
I set up Tenant 2 and things seem to be working for the most part. For some reason the caller ID was goofed up. I had to manually set each extension's ID that was assigned to tenant 2. Do I need to make any changes in 2131? At this point, the lines appear to be set to tenant 1. They seem to receive and send calls okay though.

Steve

I assume you are referring to the outgoing caller ID. When changing tenant, the outgoing caller has to be set for each extension in the new tenant.

Outgoing calls will route correctly unless you enable "CO tenant check" in form 169. Then the tenant whose CO trunks are listed as tenant 1 will only be accessable to tenant 1 and those associated with tenant 2 would be accessable to tenant 2, etc. You make CO Trunk tenant differences in 2131 if you want to segregate the trunks to specific tenants.

The departments are populated by extension members. Unless you want to segregate tenants, then you can have mixed tenants in a department, however, if you segregate CO Trunks in 2131, and make tenants in 31, then the departments will have to follow the tenant.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
I am not doing the tenant check, so it sounds like I should be good with not assigning the trunks.

I appreciate your help!! If you don't hear from me, everything must be working.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,441 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (paulw), 111 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024