web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I am the owner of a Vertical MBX System and have not been able to take full advantage of my system and need some help with programming it properly.

I do have web admin access to the system.

First should be simple, somehow my previous tech support has set my conference timer to 15 minutes. I have two DIDs that dump strait to a conference room and exactly 15 minutes after you dial in it drops the line. I am sure it is a setting I just don't know where.

Second is a little more tricky. We have both digital on premise phones and one IP Phone. the IP phone has worked in the past but because of constant attempts to hack the system they put it behind a firewall instead of a public IP. I can remote in to the public IP of the system but I assume the firewall is restricting two way communication between the phone and the MBX. I can setup the phone remotely and the MBX will register changes on the phone (like the phones IP address) but it will not communicate back to the phone.

I have asked for a couple of ports to be opened on the firewall but before I go ask for any more I want to make sure I am asking for the right ports. It is a Edge 8000 talking to an MBX IP/GS55MxA.7Db NOV/11

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have.

JC

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If you have a private static ip for the mbp card and port forward the public ip to the ip of the mpb then the public ip has to be entered into the system programming in the firewall field of system configuration ip plan programming. If the mbx and the ip phone are on the same lan with a private ip then program the phone for the mifm/cpu address instead of the public ip..that way it is not going out on the web and back thru your router.

Conf times are set in pgm 171 and 166 and if enabled a conf call can be extended by dialing 5## after the warning tone is heard. This feature is also located in pgm 171

Last edited by Derrick; 02/23/16 01:40 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Thanks for the response. I will look at my system today and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again
Joe

OP Offline
Ok I changed all of the unsupervised timers (1-80) to 255(from 10 min) and confirmed it took by looking at the overview of pgm 166.

Unfortunately my conference was dropped at exactly 15 minutes (not the 10) and it did not give me any warning before it dropped me.

I really don't know how it is setup in the system but the conference room is a DID that dumps you straight into a "party call" that multiple people can call into at once.

any other ideas of where to look for this timer?

(thanks again for the help)
Joe

OP Offline
I have tried both the internal ip for the firewall address and the external IP address and after the restart I get an out bound dial tone and can dial my cell phone but I don't get any audio. When I go back to 0.0.0.0 it works again

Any thoughts?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Conf room/bridge timers are set by the first attendant.

For the ip phone You need to set the mifm address in the phone to the same address that the MBX cpu/mpb is using and make sure it is on the same subnet mask. The phone should be set as local and use DHCP if available. If it is going out on the web and back in you will get one way audio. I am assuming that the ipphonwand the mbx are on the same LAN?

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
Can you be a little more specific on the first comment? I.e. What PGM would I go to to setup the attendant

The ip phone is not on the same network but I can try that (and I bet it will work). I am coming to the conclusion that it is all about the firewall that my MBX is behind. This all worked when the MBX had a public static and stopped when the out it behind the SIP providers firewall using NAT. I have reached out to them again to try and get access to the firewall so I can inspect the NAT and the port forwards.

Thanks again for the input

Joe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If the ip phone is off site from the MBX and the MBX has a lan address instead of a public one..then yes it is a firewall proplem. The H323 voip protocol requires so many ports to be open to the MBX (or other systems) as to make the firewall almost useless.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
on the timer issue, does it mean anything that call is dropped 15 minutes from the time the call comes in. Ie if two people call in 3 minutes apart the first one drops 15 minutes from when they got on and the other person is not dropped until their 15 minutes it up (3 min later)

Maybe it is not the conference timer at all but something to do with how the call is routed into the room. It is a DID the when it is answered you hear four beeps and then you are put directly into conference (at least for 15 minutes smile )

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
There are the two unsupervised conf timers both pgm 166 and 171 and that is all I can find. If they do not extend the conf room timer...I don't know what does.

You are using the conf room function? If not just reroute them to an extension or auto attendant.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/16/16 09:36 PM.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,576 Shoretel
189,449 CTX100 install
187,612 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 150 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024