Originally Posted by oobie
Here is an old note that I apparently typed up:

Setting up Auto attendant on the SBX:

In order to have touch tones work when calls are directly ringing
to the auto-attendant you have to go in to CO LINE LIST and choose
the lines and click refresh and the right click choose UPDATE TOOL
Check Mark the DISA on/off box and then put the VMIB message in the
Box next to it

Once again I'm going back sometime and haven't really worked on the SBX in a long time.

There you go! You cannot program the lines to ring to an AA the same as to a phone...you have to make it a DISA destination or you will not get any tones, the CCR greeting becomes effectively announce only.

I assumed that the lines were programmed as DISA, but they may not be.....we shall find out soon.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/21/14 10:49 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
This isn't any thing to do with the vmail or CCR. It is just when there are plain old phone calls. I tried the inbound direction today (which is the one that doesn't work) from my butt set across the line. Answered the call. Was able to push buttons and the distant party heard my tones. At the same time the secretary also answered the call, so we were party-lined to the distant end. She tried to push a couple buttons, distant party and me on my butt-set did not hear them, just a click that almost sounded like you pushed mute, then released.

Their auto attendant works fine after hours or when delayed. Tones coming down the trunks are fine. It is just on INBOUND calls that the tones are not generated. Outbound calls are also fine.

I did generate a ticket this morning with Vertical on this issue.

RUSS K.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant inbound callers could not send DTMF to the SBX. I've never tried to do DTMF to an incoming call.

RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Got it working. If line drop using CPT is on, it won't generate DTMF on an inbound call. Called TS yesterday, and I had line drop using CPT turned on. Turning it off fixed the issue. I don't know why I had that turned on, but now it works.

RUSS K.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Thanks for getting back to us...it isn't that hard to turn on or off something without knowing it or sometimes the system does it itself. There is a enblock function that turned on (or was it off?) on one of my SBX installs and then some users could not dial out..no tones.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,202 CTX100 install
187,444 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024