Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tday Offline OP
OP Offline
I have everything set in 4 and 34 all worked up until a few months ago. Call records do print but Wake ups and room status do not. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

what has changed?

Are you printing from the printer port on the ICP, or are you printing from the console?

Can you print CDE through that port?

What type of call accounting are the using?

A little more info is needed. Since one can cause these types of data to output to digital ports, the console or the SMDR port, there are different methods of troubleshooting this situation. Form 34 is directed I/O. There is where you tell the Mitel to print the data you want, but to what is the Mitel printing?

I have hotels that print this data to a PMS application and not to an actual printing device. I also have hotels printing through datasets off of digital ports and then to a printer. The console can also be used, in place of a dataset, to connect to a printer.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
tday Offline OP
OP Offline
It is hooked up to the printer port through a Tel Electronics Innform Xl. The Innform is set to pass through with no info from the wake ups. Cde can be printed and it is not an ICP also nothing has changed just stopped sending the info. Can also connect printer direct to printer port calls come through but not wake ups.34 has wake up directed to printer port and auto wake print is set in form 4. Like I said worked fine and then just stopped no changes.

Thanks in Advance
So you have the Tel machine set for mode=8? And form 4 options 13 and 34 enabled?

You may want to go into maintenance and monitor smdr. Have the front desk set a wake-up and see if it comes through.

tday Offline OP
OP Offline
I am pretty sure that wake ups are not considered smdr and would not show in maintenance

Thanks in Advance
If it was me, I'd take a laptop and connect it to the printer port. With a terminal program, I'd match the port settings of the printer port. Then I'd have the Front Desk set and delete a wake-up call.

If it shows on the terminal emulator program, then the problem is the TEL box. Make sure the TEL is set for pass-through (that is, it prints the SMDR, then prints the processed call record).

If you don't get anything on the laptop, then the problem is the Mitel. Check form 34, and make sure that the wakeup calls are pointed to the Printer port. Check COS for option 244 on the stations. Check system options for options 11-14.

Check the logs for failed wakeup calls. And so on.

OK. So this is an EL and the Wake-up is set to print to the printer port.

1. Reset the system

2. If the problem is still occurring, disconnect the InnForm and connect a computer with terminal emulation (e. g. Hyperterminal) to the printer port. Set a wake up call and look to see if it outputs.

3. If it outputs, then something is wrong with the InnForm. If it does not output, delete all programming related to wake-up. Re-boot system and then reprogram all wake-up data.

I once had a bad dataset that was throwing meaningless data into the system and some how it managed to screw up the wake-up programming. Mitel said it's impossible. It happened twice. I replaced the dataset and it's been working fine for three years.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, nortelvoip, dexman), 137 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024