web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I have run into this issue several times. If you can ping the private IP of the PBX across the VPN tunnel then the VPN software and VPN setup should be fine. I do two things when I run into this issue. First, I start the registration process of the softphone BEFORE even opening the softphone client on the machine. The other item I have had to adjust is the network adapter that is being used by the softphone. When you get the Network Initialization Failed message you press cancel and it probably pops the box asking for the IP address of the PBX. Cancel that and quickly click the option button to get into the options for the softphone. I believe there is a tab for network and under that tab is an option to select which network adapter you want to use. For some reason I have found changing to the wired/wireless adapter in use on the machine will help with this issue. Typically the softphone selects the VPN adapter and for one reason or another it does not seem to work. I will say that once the initialization is done you should not have to worry about which network adapter is tries to use. This seems to only matter during the initial registration process. Hope this helps.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply toby162, but I have done that as well. Tried every which way to do this, in different orders, compatibility mode, etc. Just won't register. My network adapter is the only thing that is listed in the dropdown menu of the options, network tab. I have a feeling the Sonicwall is somehow treating the softphone differently from a Win7 machine, but not sure why.

OP Offline
Anyone know of a way to test ports that are open to the PBX? I know that the VOIP test tool is something to use, but only tests computer to computer.

Try www.yougetsignal.com has built in port scanner FYI We had a huge project with a sonicwall ahead of everything and IT people swore up and down that ports were opened and never could get port forwarding or maint console connect or remote IP phones or softphones working we wound up getting our own broadband connection to our router !!

OP Offline
Just a little update. Its been determined that the Sonicwall soft client may be masking the hardware mac address of the network adapter on Win7, and that is why registration fails. Still working on this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,204 CTX100 install
187,445 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024