web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Is this a DOS mail or Linux?? If DOS it will need the startup delay if Linux it should just go..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
This is DOS mail. And I am not sure what you are referencing in regards to the startup delay. Meaning it should take a bit to boot?

Hi 808bumbye,

When a DOS Elite mail is put into a IPK2 the mail starts up before the mail ports on the IPK2 are ready resulting in port error messages on the port screen of the mail. The solution is to replace the autoexec.bat file in the Elitemail to delay startup for 60 seconds to allow the IPK2 ports to be ready. A link to the file is below. Extract and copy with Cos-session this to the C:\ on the mail and repower the system. It may help solve your problem.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15032525/AUTOEXEC.zip

Regards,

Paul W
OP Offline
Thanks for the clarification!

The tech that came out suggested a new card. He did nothing more than pull the card and put it back in the chassis. On Friday, he said his contact at NEC would locate a card for us and ship it out. Today he says we should just buy one ourselves. I don't have a lot of faith in this guy.

So, while I am comfortable performing the steps you outlined below, I do not have the Cos-session software. In addition, are there any reputable re-sellers you can recommend to get a card?

Thanks.

Isn't the IPKII discontinued and unsupported?

Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Isn't the IPKII discontinued and unsupported?

In my part of the world yes.. We never sold a great deal of them as it was . The only one I support these days is the one I have at home..

Regards,

Paul W
OP Offline
Ok, I am back smile

I have purchased a refurb VM card, with EliteMail CF card. When I boot it with the EliteMail card that came with the refurb card, it boots fine and works (though the VM menu is for another company and therefore is so far unusable for us). When I put our original CF card into the unit, it fails. So this points to a corrupt CF card, correct?

What can I do to either get our original CF card working again and/or what are my options for resetting the new EliteMail card to factory so we can start over?

Many Thanks...

I am pretty sure the CF card is tied to the board.

OP Offline
No, I thought that too. But I just put the refurb CF card in my (thought to be failed) VM card and it came up. So the problem is our CF card.

Can it be a corrupt message or greeting that is causing this? We had two staff members recording Out of Office messages when this all went awry...

I don't remember the combination, but a certain switch combination when the card is booted should force elitemail to come up in diagnostic mode. From there you can defrag the CF and you can delete log files, and similar maintenance.

If the CF is the problem, and if you can force it to come up in diagnostic mode, you might be able to fix it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Professor Shadow), 134 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024