Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Ok things are getting weird. 7100 V4.70 Samsung xchange connects to perfectly fine w/o any programming even whitelist. 7400 4.70 won't connect until you put the server's IP into the CTI IP field. I confirmed with a 7400 xchange install yesterday and a 7100 here in our office.
On an unrelated yet good note, found out yesterday xchange connects to Office365 (took a few attempts) and pulls shared contacts and appointments. Very nice.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Kaiser Offline OP
OP Offline
What is Office365?

So my system is a 7100 v4.70, my whole subnet was already white listed.

On Xchange server versions 2.3 and 2.4 both, I had to enter the CTI address pointing to the Xchange Server to get it to connect. I spoke to Mondago and kinda got an unclear answer except they'll notate it. I didn't see putting in the CTI address with Device Manager anywhere in the documentation and told them so.

They seem to be quite buried and a little disorganized at the moment which is understandable.

By the way, running Xchange Server and Xchange client on the same machine works great. Just put the address as 'localhost' on the client side . No need for virtual machine or anything which is good because I'm not very smart.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Thinking about it i had to do the same with a OS7200S on a site to get it to connect (xchange 2.3).

I can't remember if my office OS7200 already had that set before i upgraded to 4.70.

This is probably samsung's fault for not telling mondago about all the changes in 4.70 software.

Xchange has been supported on samsung OS7000 systems since 4.21 software.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Office365 is Microsoft's Cloud alternative to having to buy office or an MS Exchange server for that matter. They host everything and you pay a monthly fee, no software purchase necessary. An office with 5 people (supposed to be a home license but who cares) is $99/year. A lot of people seem to be switching to it lately and i was concerned because of xchange being able to integrate into it but it did with only a few "quirks".
I really like how samsung xchange can pull appointments and set your phone presence automatically, comes in very handy with the operator console.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,426 Shoretel
189,198 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (jeffmoss26), 132 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024