web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#548581 03/26/13 01:36 PM
OP Offline
Ok heres what i got. i have a bcm 50 with 1140e ip phones. i am running a public ip address for the ip phones to connect to the system (which they connect flawlessly). My problem is i get no audio from the sets. i can pick up and dial an extension and it will call to it, but if i access intercom on handsfree i hear no tone nor do i hear it when i lift the handset. however the weird part is if i call one of the ip phones from a digital set and answer the call, after i hang up that call i can access intercom dial tone from the handset and speaker. but if i let the phone sit idle for a little while it will go back to no tone at all until i call it from a digital set. any thoughts on this one would be greatly appreciated. thank you for reading.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
Sounds like your UDP data packets are being blocked or not forwarded by your router/firewall. I'll bet if you put the set on the local LAN it will work fine. Check that and let us know.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Absolutely correct on that sir. took it off of our netgear and worked like a charm. now to try to figure out router settings. thanks for the advise I'll keep posted on my end result.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,969 Shoretel
190,153 CTX100 install
188,333 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 80 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024