web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Nope. The Aspire in some ways is harder in My opnion ESPECIALLY doing PRI translations. The i-series requires a manual almost always. But, lets be real the flow charts walk you through everything.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
So to recap, the easy phone systems are:

1.ESI
2.Nortel
3.Samsung

I know the Samsung is build in Dallas,Texas and I assume the other easy to program systems are also American built?

and the Difficult phones are:

1. Nitsuko.
2. Toshiba
3. _______

How about the following:

Panasonic
Avaya
Comdial
Executone-Isoetec
Inter-Tel
Iwatsu
Mitel
Telrad
Vodavi
Tie
How do these other phone system rank in degrees of difficulty? Does it pretty much still follow the American vs Asia whereas
American phone systems= easy to program
Asian phone system = awkward and difficult to program?

Thanks.

Admin
Admin
The Comdial FX/Mp5000 is easy to program. Flexible and powerful.
I show all customers and give them the programming software. Give me 30 minutes and I can get most MAC work done by endusers. Best of all (after all anyone can be a phone man) I get paid again if they screw it up.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Hey Assistant, can you please finish filling out your profile? Thanks!

Info on ESI can be found at www.esi-estech.com.

They are created in USA. ESI is headquartered in Plano, TX, on "Telecom Row". Products are assembled somewhere outside the US (I can't remember where).

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA | Phone Systems - Central Valley, CA

OP Offline
Texas seem to have a lot of telephone systems manufacturers.

I think Samsung use to be located in Miami,Florida but relocated to Texas a few years ago.

I wonder why all these companies choose to manufacturer their systems in Texas?

I guess these guys can alway hire employees that worked for the competitor to get some inside information.

ESI seems to have some very user friendly and forward thinking technology and computer integration.

coral is right if you can read a flow chart you can program the i-series, man it is step by step and it even asks you questions and depending on how you answer them yes or no it takes you to a the section of the flow chart that you need.

Whatever system you work on everything becomes second nature and easier the more you program and mess with it. I like to set stuff up in a lab environment with trade-ins just so i can familiarize myself with the system incase i ever need it.

i mostly work on Vodavi stuff and it is pretty much second nature to me now, but i work on lots of other systems which is why i like to fiddle faddle with the stuff that we get as trade-ins and such.

[This message has been edited by oobie (edited March 17, 2005).]

Partner System is pretty easy to program. But like anything else, its easy if you are familiar....

I thought you said that your system was down...
OP Offline
Well, when I mean easy to program. I am kind of asking you to take an objective view.

In other words, I don't necessary mean that its easy for you but rather if you hired an assistant, would it be easy for you to teach them?

Is it something that would take you a few minutes, hours, days or weeks to teach someone how to use the system.

I would say that ESI you hit the ground running with programing, Samsung would probably take you a couple hours to figure out the concept, Nitsuko would probably take days or weeks to learn.

If you have been programing Nitsuko for the last 25 years, of course you are going to think it easy but if you take an objective view in comparing it to other systems you will wondering why they created such a awkward system.

In you want to make a quick change on an ESI or Samsung, it will take a few minutes. If you were trying to make a quick change on the Nitsuko, you might have to spend hours digging in the manual in my opinion.

I think the Avaya IP Office is the easiest I ever had to learn and requires the least amount of time to get up and running and train a customer to admin.

No, I think the i-series has to be the most assinine PBX programming ever invented. IMHO. I have seen WAY too many databse corruptions because of the way it does it. The Aspire is LEAP years ahead in this regard. people that don't use the real time programming are only asking for a problem. I had one tech I could NOT get from using that stupid PC pro program to PRE program on. EVERY single time he had issues with programming and it was wasted effort. Kinda like the ESI esi access IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,156 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024