web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I haven't had a configuration like this yet and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts.

We have a fiber connection with 6 Static IP Addresses. The I.T. manager has given me one of those addresses for the Allworx system. He (and I) would like to keep the phone network seperate from the Data network.

The Data goes into a SONICWALL firewall (I think either a NSA2400 or a TZ-210, will have to check next time I'm there). From there is goes into my set of PoE switches.

The Allworx is connected to the switch via the WAN port. It is configured to NAT/Firewall with DMZ. I have assigned the Static WAN IP and Gateway accordingly. I have created my own internal LAN IP addressing and have gone over the settings many many times, they are correct in this parameter.

My problem is that I cannot access the ALLWORX 6X from the WAN or remotely. The Firewall isn't allowing the :8080 to go through. The IT Manager has looked into opening up all the recommended SIP ports (and HTTP + more) on the SONIC WALL.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this or know of a better approach to accomplish what we are trying to do? Or has anyone used a SONICWALL product before an ALLWORX before?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
The first thing that I would try would be to ping the ip address that you have assigned to the allworx. Please take note that you can not access the allworx using the external ip address while you are on the current network. You must be using an ip address completely seperate from any of the six static address that you have.

Another option to work on the Allworx remotely would be to create a vpn connection using the admin login.

OP Offline
Yeah I can't ping that address. What he has is something like this:

(Ex:)
ect as external Static IP's

"Please take note that you can not access the allworx using the external ip address while you are on the current network."

- So are you saying that I should not be running through this SONIC WALL at all? I recommended that but he is adamant about it being passed through untouched.

I also did set up a VPN and will again but I'd rather have it the other way.

Thanks, I will discuss this on my next visit

I'm not familiar with any of those internal IP addresses. I'm sure they're OK--they just look a bit goofy to me. I'll ask my techs when they come in---whenever--next week to take a look at this thread. I might be able to find someone with experience with that Firewall thig-a-ma-gig.

Then you can't access the "Directory" or the Allworx at all?? What happens when you plug your laptop into the Allworx directly??

I've had trouble with remote problems before ---but not internal (that I can remember). Remote problems usually end up with a reboot of a switch, router, or the like. Don't be afraid to reboot/reset the Allworx either.

Last week a customer added two C.O. lines to a 6x--ports 5 & 6. I programmed them remotely and my tech cross connected them in. No dial tone, no nothing. I checked programming. All was good. We called Allworx support. They said it was two bad ports. (Pause---Pause). I told my tech to reboot the Allworx. Support said it wouldn't do anything. We rebooted---the lines were there.
Lesson learned---when in doubt--reboot.

OP Offline
Yeah Rebooting with the Allworx always helps, especially with the sets.

The IP's i gave are just examples of what he has for the external addresses. The internal is actually 192.168.9.2 and goes from there. And internally the system works great. Just can't get to it remotely with the Purchased Static IP the IT manager has given me. Which I will need to have working in order to provide them with SIP trunk service as well.

I'm almost 100% certain it's the Firewall

I'm with you on that. Let us know what happens---keep us in the loop. I'm curious as to what the solution is going to be.

OP Offline
Going there Wednesday and I will. thanks for your help!

Forget trying to run through wan port on allworx. But the unit in lan host mode. Have IT guy forward ports 8080 to lan port. The TZ210 can be segmented with multiple lans and wans.

Additionally, since you are segmenting traffic you will need to build a route in the sonic wall in order to allow traffic to pass through between allworx / phones and PC's for administration and call assistant.

rustynails is right. Run system in LAN host and handle incoming policies via the sonicwall.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,444 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dexman), 125 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024