Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Poor TTJoe now has 36 WE colors to collect!

:rofl:

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Yes, then I am also starting to acquire Northern Electric and ITT 500 sets. (I think that the ITT orange color is very pretty!)

My grandkids all got together early this week, and had their mother (my step daughter, who since I do not believe in "step" anything is my daughter) and their grandmother (my wife) take them to a junque store, where they found a very pink Princess telephone. It is a 1964 rotary dial with a sticky dial and a six conductor line cord. It is cracked, and needs some serious cleaning, but since it was found, bought and given to me by little children who I dearly love, I will put great effort into getting this one looking like it came out of the Western Electric factory yesterday. I suspect that this particular phone might be an external ringer model.

Any way, my vow never to use a wheel is being quite tested, as I am spending more and more time sanding and polishing phones. This is indeed a very relaxing and satisfying thing, but I only complete about one phone a week, and at this rate, I will be polishing phone shells until heck freezes over. I have to think about this, but not for a while. Maybe with 2500 sets as they do not have quite as many curved areas.

Anyone who has been following my Call Director travails will know by now that I do not have a Call Director, rather I have what is called a "recorded message frame" console. It is a model number 624A10, and there is almost no information out there on it. They did not have dials, so the bezel (which I am missing) is basically unobtainable). It also requires a PTT handset (which I do not have either). So I packed it carefully into an acid free archival box, which I will put into the phone closet for future reference.

Any way, I am on a very slow connection right now, and I am needing to get to bed, so I am logging off.

Best,

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
Originally posted by EV607797:
Joe, I have enjoyed your progress in your quest in appreciation for the real phone equipment.

I must correct you on one thing though: "Moss Green" was ITT's version of green. It wasn't quite the same as Western Electric's. Their -51 color was referred to as just green, no moss.

While we are on the subject of colors:

ITT referred to their version of red as "Cherry Red". Western Electric's version of red (-53) was just red and the two were not even close in color matches.

ITT's "Harvest Gold" (-46) was very true to its name. Western Electric's "yellow" (-56) was just yellow with no variation from it's name. Perhaps the most broad difference in the brands' understanding of the color yellow.

No manufacturer offered "tan". It was beige, or as most of us referred to as "Band-Aid" beige. Western Electric's code was -60, while ITT used -13 and S/C used (-BE).

Ash was only available from ITT (-44) and S/C (-AS). Western's closest comparable was -50 ivory. Even ITT's -09 ivory wasn't as warm as WECO's. It is as if WECO added another cup of dark rum into their mix. Interchanging ivory plastic components did not work between brands.

Even black was a struggle with regard to nomenclature. Western Electric used -03, while ITT used -00 and S/C used (-BK).

I'll never understand how white ended up being (-15) with ITT and (-58) with WE. Wouldn't you think that such a basic color would have ended up with a code closer to black? Just wondering.

Now that you've had your color code [b]ED
ucation, get with the program, Man! [/b]
Ed,.....wasn't there also an "Aqua" or was that the light blue (trying to remember back 43 years is really tough and hurts my head) :scratch:

I'm a black & white type of guy.....the only grey in my life is the hair on my head!
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
-62 was blue (light blue). They also had -64 (turquois), but I never saw that color. Most odd colors were discontinued in 1978.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,197 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 145 guests, and 396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024