web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Sprint is canceling cellular service because customers ask for too much assistance. READ

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
heres a link to a article on it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/06/AR2007070602131_pf.html

Customer Service Hangs Up
Saturday, July 7, 2007 Washington Post

If you want to get out of your cellphone contract, try calling the company a few hundred times.

Sprint Nextel is disconnecting service to about 1,000 subscribers who call customer service excessively, company spokeswoman Roni Singleton said. The terminated contracts represent a tiny fraction of Sprint's 53 million subscribers, and it's the first time the Reston company has used the measure.

The terminated subscribers called customer service an average of 25 times a month over the past six to 12 months, mostly complaining about billing or technical problems that Sprint was unable to resolve. Some called as many as 300 times a month, Singleton said. Customers did not have to pay a termination fee, and they were given until the end of July to find a new carrier.

"The bottom line is that we were not able to resolve their issues," Singleton said. "We wanted to allow them to find another option that would make them happier."
Some called as many as 300 times a month,

the avrage was 25 calls a month for a 6-12 month period

so basically once a day every business day

Sometimes firing a customer is the best thing for all involved

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
That is scary I have service with sprint and I can not beleive they would go to the extent.

300 times a month. I would have left them a long time ago....
There is always 2 sides to every story, but this really doesn't look good for Sprint...

ATTITUDE: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.
300 times a month is 10 times a day! After waiting on hold and talking to a rep the call would have to be approx. 30 minutes. That's 5 hours a day. :scratch:

In my opinion I have been on hold for hours before Sprint bought out Nextel it was awesome
call in and in minutes the problem was solved.

Now that it is controled by Sprint it stinks it takes hours upon hours to get somone on the phone I can not wait until my contract is up I wish they would give me the option to get out of my contract. For all my phones I pay close to 5 bills each month and the service is worst now.

I just got my broad band wireless card for my lap top and it is slower than dial up and that is what I am using for my internet at my new office for now.

I just hope they get it handled soon before it falls apart in there face.

Please do not reply with personal opinions, but facts only.

This is a forum for Telecom News. Not Telecom opinions or personal beliefs.

Everyone should believe in something.................

I believe I will have a beer.........
Same as above.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
I have heard of firing your customer but this is a good example. I think sprint did the right thing. Customers like this are a drain on company resources.

If you want to want be profitable in telecom or wireless you CANNOT pander to headache accounts - ones that = 5% of your revenue and 90% of your time.

Good move Sprint!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,441 Shoretel
190,710 CTX100 install
189,202 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 94 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024