web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
If anyone cares, PCS digital (the people marketing a Tecom made clone of the Vodavi DHS) merged with Xblue Networks. Now it seems like they are markeing another Tecom product that also manifests itself as the Abrivo 924 system. I got the Xblue mailer card a few days ago and knew off the block that it was the Tecom/Abrivo switch. Only, the Xblue system phones come in black, silver, blue, and maroon.

From their website:
News Release

Scottsdale, Arizona, September 2006

PCS Digital announces that effective October 1, 2006 the Company will be merged into XBLUE Networks, a designer and manufacturer of small business communications systems. XBLUE Networks is the manufacturer of the new PCS Suite 16 system to be launched next month. All PCS Digital products will be continued and will be supported by XBLUE Networks from their corporate headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas.

You will be pleased to know that XBLUE Networks' personnel include previous PCS representatives, Ernie Meadows and Paul Lynch. Also, David Martin will be joining XBLUE Networks in his current dealer support role.

All PCS Digital Direct Dealers will be asked to call XBLUE Networks beginning October 2, 2006 for sales and technical support at their headquarters in Lenexa, Kansas:

Main Number: (913) 59X-BLUE (866) XBLUE12

WWW.XBLUENETWORKS.COM

Glenn Fitchet, President of PCS Digital says, "It will be business as usual for all of our Dealers. They can be assured that the same service and support they have been accustomed to as a PCS Digital Dealer will be available through XBLUE NETWORKS and that all of the current products and services will be available ongoing. The joining of the two companies will provide for a stronger organization to stand behind our Dealers. The new organization will be better equipped to bring new products and technologies to the channel much faster."

XBLUE NETWORKS senior management team is comprised of manufacturing industry experts who have been successful in developing, delivering and supporting innovative new products to the SMB Communications Systems market for many years. Their cumulative experience includes holding key positions at companies like Comdial, Inter-tel, Sprint, Tadiran and Vodavi.

Larry Steinmetz, President of XBLUE Networks says, "As the manufacturer of the new PCS Suite 16 system this acquisition will not only provide an effective continuity plan for all PCS dealers but will also provide them direct access to our new and exciting system platform. We look forward to working closely with each valuable PCS dealer."

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I got the mailer today. I went to their website. Phones look cool...

How is the system in general?

Admin
Admin
Search other systems forum for info on the Abrivo 924 system. Apparently it's CLOSELY related.

[Linked Image]
Admin
Admin
Double post. Wireless burped.

[Linked Image]
I've installed a couple of the PCS digital suite 64 and suite 16 systems, with no major problems. Programs the same as the old Vodavi DHS except they have added whait they call MBC codes that can be entered to move around the program areas with out hitting next all the time. All have had 8 port flash voicemail.

Also installed an XBlue 45P, with 8 port flash voicemail. A few bugs but tech support has been good in getting them worked out. Runs the same firmware as the PCS Digital Suite 16.

Steve

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Interesting.......It appears that most parties at XBlue are former executives/employees/founding members of Vodavi. I know most of them personally and was curious as to whatever happened to them. With the exception of David Martin (since I don't know him), all were well known and liked people at Vodavi. They are all pretty sharp people so I am glad to see that they are keeping their strengths combined in a single team. I'm not so sure about carrying the DHS forward, but these close relationships are how Vodavi started. Knowing these guys, I think they will do well.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Admin
Admin
Did you see who was president ED? Larry Steinmetz. Knew him from Comdial, Vodavi, and Tadiran days. Nice guy.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I thought that his name sounded familiar! I have not been in the business as long as some, but my family has been and Larry's name sounded very familiar, now i know! smile

Never seen a PCS digital Suite 16, is it the same product as the Abrivo and Xblue? Well, at least the same plastic that is.

Steve

Yes, Dave I did notice Larry's name. I have a video tape that Elizabeth put together for one of the dealer conferences that was hysterical, yet moving. Tiffany was our inside rep (she was awesome). The company's receptionist did the "thank you for calling" factory prompts on the Talkpath/Dispatch but I can't remember her name. Larry is quite a funny man. Glen was his boss at the time. Ernie ran quality control. Interestingly, Stan Rader who was part of that bunch is now back at Vodavi. They were all great to work with. I wish them well.

I can't remember what year it was that they did the video in the 1990's, but it was when Vodavi was still privately-held and the dealer conferences were a barrel of fun. We still talk about them today.

We work in a big industry, but a small world.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
PCS Suite 16 ksu comes in the same housing as the XBlue 45p, but the phones are clones of the Vodavi DHS. Don't know what the Abrevo ksu looks like, but the Abrivo phone look identical tto the XBlue 45p phones

Steve

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it dosent matter. - Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,383 Shoretel
189,089 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 170 guests, and 383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024