web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Okay, I have replaced the Ring Generator Unit (Part #2993607) and the voltages are perfect. I'm getting +5v and +14.08v. My problem now is that when I first pick up a phone and listen for a dial tone, the dial tone is not steady--it makes the same sound that you would hear if you placed a "do not disturb" feature on your phone. After about 3 seconds, the sound changes to a normal dial tone sound. If you try to dial any extension or "9" to access an outside line, all you hear is the sound you get when a phone line is unavailable. Does anybody know whether this might be the EPB card? I've tried pressing the round black reset button on this card, but no difference.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
Have you gone through the programming? Have you taken a couple of phones to the block and connected them there to eliminate any possible cable problems? Unplug all the station cables or pull the packs, except the one your testing and test from the blocks, if it's not a programming issue. Personally I wouldn't replace any more packs until you've tested further. Did this take a power or lightning hit?

Edit: I see you suspect a power surge, if this is the case you could have many bad packs. start with just the processor and one pack and see what works and what doesn't, again do this from the blocks.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
I have not gone through the programming. To be honest, I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a service manual available that would explain the process? If so, how could I get a copy?

Online Content
Yes there are. Just click on the manuals link at the top of the page. You could pull all packs except one station card and processor and see what you get also.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
After acquiring a manual, I was able to initialize the system and get the system into a partially functional state. Individual phone extensions can now dial one another, but the phones do not ring, only the ringer led lights up on the phones. Also, phones cannot access outside lines when they press '9'. We can receive calls from the outside world, but no ringer--only leds lighting up. I've read through most every page of this manual and I'm having difficulty determining if I'm still dealing with programming issues or bad hardware. Any thoughts?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
When you say the phones don't ring, are you referring to the multi-line sets, the analog sets or both? Since you have initialized the database, remember that only extension 100 will ring on incoming calls, so some programming of the CO lines will certainly be required.

You may also need to identify the station type. It's been years since I worked on this system, but I know that other systems that were similar in architecture had this requirement. Check the manual under station programming, specifically on programming page B to see if there's anything there about station ID.

The ring generator only applies for analog (single line) telephone sets, so this would not affect ringing on multi-line sets. Have you tried taking a known working single-line set and connected it directly to the blocks?

As for the outgoing "dial 9" issue, you probably have more CO line ports than you have actual lines. Place the unused CO line ports into trunk group 0 and that should solve your outward dialing problem.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Okay, station IDs are all set to '0' for 'keyset' by default, so I'm not sure if anything there needs to be changed. We've got five incoming lines, so I do have more ports than actual lines. How do I place the unused port into a trunk group? The manual doesn't use the exact same language and I'm a little fuzzy on proper procedure. Also, multi line phones are ringing, but SLT phones do not. Thanks so much for everyone's help. I feel like I'm learning a heck of a lot in a short time from some very experienced people.

Online Content
'0' for 'keyset' by default
You answered your own question as to why the SLT's don't ring. You have to remove all non-used CO lines. I think it maybe time to seek some help locally.

Retired phone dude
It sounds as if your replacement ring generator may not be good or at least not properly connected. It's only used to ring single-line sets.

By default, all CO line ports are in group 1, which is accessed by dialing 9. When you dial 9, the last equipped CO line port will be seized. Since you only have five lines, you'll need to place lines 6 through 36 into another group, preferably group 0. I am shooting entirely from the hip here, but I believe that you'll find it under CO line programming in the manual.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Online Content
Section 701 system programming. Then use programming reference guide also, it's in the back of my manual. Read though it first, CO Line Groups are under flash 30 (Ed was correct 0 is non used).

Ed he stated all sets were defaulted to key sets.

Edit: Station types are under flash 40 (to change to SLT)

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,196 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 159 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024