Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ceacide Offline OP
OP Offline
I have resurrected a CMC using the IBM os/2 for a small non-profit school. It will be added to a small coral II system. It uses 4/8 analog lines in, one digital line to the digital box with the rs-232 to the Dell PC
All is ok, so I am adding a menu tree, you know, "press 1 or the Office, press 2 for Mr Smith" etc, the problem is when I press the 1 or whatever digit, the sweet voice telephone lady, says, I will transfer you now, I hear the digits on the phone, I see on the computer screen, the correct digits go out also (the ext I want), then the system waits for 3 seconds, there is NO Ringing from any phone and then the vmail disconnects. So no transfer took place. I have checked most everything. I can directly dial the number, I can dial the number and then using my transfer key, transfer to any phone. The voice mail does answer and you can leave a message and get the message light, but somewhere in this tree is a mistake, or is it somewhere else. Any Ideas?

Thanks !

Go to the OPEN box, and look under 1 key dialing.

Make sure the extensions you are dialing have mailboxes. Also, in the SLT programming you set the analog ports of the vmail to VM.

ceacide Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, all the extension do have mailboxes, and I can leave messages and retreive them when calling the ext number, and then it forward to vmail, no problem. SLTs are programmed to Vmail-Y, My problems still remains, as stated before. The 1key dialing dials correctly, I never get a ring back and the exts done ring. What else is there?

Make sure in the pbx transfer is set to &,
Can you dial the whole extension and get through?
If you go off hook with a test set, on a vm analog port can you make a transfer? If not check your COS for those ports.
Do you have a DTR card in the system?

ceacide Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, there is a DTR, good idea to check the analogs lines, as I have not checked them yet, they are the top COS (0), but I will do that when I get to the location.

You may want to check the SLT definitions in the phone system and make sure the ports are flagged as voicemail=Y. APDL should also be Flagged as voicemail=Y and it should also be flagged as an attendant.

Another important thing is to make sure the ports are allows to transfer a call or check FEAT to make sure they aren't hot stationed to 9 or something.

ceacide Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I had another DTR, no change. I took an analog line from the PC and pulled it into an SLT, made a call, transfered the call, no problem. The SLT is definitions is VM=Y, the APDL I did not see that term of Voice Mail in the KEY, it is an attendant. My software is 10.2, the my book says that this software in my CMC will work with 9.X,. The system seems to know what is going on. If I tie two phones up, and then have the voice mail try and transfer to it, it tell me, "The person you are trying to call is busy now".... But when no one is busy, and I have the system one key dial to transfer, it says, "I will transfer you now.... about 1 second later it hangs up. I got no ring back, and no ring from the phone. There must be a timer somewhere that is messing this up. Thanks for all your help guys and gals, but still need a little more. Thanks again

you should not be able to hear the digits after a hookflash, is it disabled in cos?

Never blame on malice, what can be adequately attributed to STUPIDITY!!
What version is the CMC? The problem should not be related to the APDL. Do a silent monitor on the SLT port, after the flash hook do you hear dialtone or some other tone. There is a setting in the CMC to wait for dialtone, try turning it off. Check the SLT port to see if any features are turned on.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (BforBENDETTA), 74 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024