web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Matt, did you ever get all the 1A2 stuff you needed? I still have all the stuff we talked about, all packed up and ready to ship, if you still need it.

apb

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

According to the ancients; "OD" was used for the old flag drop boards, a circuit that had trouble stayed out & down, therefore OD

Can a super young cuss (age=43) safely ask the difference between a split--as defined by two halves of two pairs--and a "phantom" circuit?

I'm just trying to fill in the gaps in my knowledge.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
Matt, did you ever get all the 1A2 stuff you needed? I still have all the stuff we talked about, all packed up and ready to ship, if you still need it.
Arthur -

Sort of, but the real answer is: I can never get enough 1A2 stuff. One day when I'm gone and they are rummaging through my house, I want them to find closets of well organized, fully functional keysets and 1A2 parts. This of course doesn't include th 15 or so live ones around the house.

It's been so long, I've forgotten what we had talked about - can you shoot me a PM with a list and price? I'm sure I still want all of it.

Also, a good friend recently hooked me up with a butt set, I'll take a look around for the meter you mentioned.... but beware... the questions about it and the butt set will be coming wink

PS: Is this what you are talking about?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Bell-System-KS...411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks
Matt

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Tim -

A Split is Tip of Line "A" & Ring of Line "B" and is the result of a booboo.

A Phantom circuit was something that was done deliberately when there was a shortage of pairs going to a location. The CO would insert transformers at both ends of two adjacent circuits and then center tap them at both ends thus creating a third "phantom" circuit.

This type of circuitry is what carrier people did in the days before T-Carrier.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Sam, altho I've got a pretty good electronic back ground (Air Force Radio Relay), and then a telco overlay the hard way (Interconnect), I'm having trouble envisioning the Phantom Circuitry and how it works. Can you provide a better explanation, or a link to a schematic, or? John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
John -

Now you're pushing it. It's been a long, long time, but give me a chance and I'll go down to the dreaded basement and see if I can find something.

If (big "if") I can find something, I'll scan it and send it off. PM me with an email address,
Sam

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
John - go to Wikipedia and look up "Phantom Circuit". If you google "phantom Circuit", you'll find a slew of data, including one from the telephone collectors.org group among 11,800 others,

Sam

Matt, I'll contact you in a few days to talk about the 1A2 stuff.

No, that's not the right meter. I'll see if I have a spare to give you. They require a weird 45 volt battery, available but expensive, but 5, nine-volt battries in series is the field expedient.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Dagwood your right a split is a split between two pairs, and if its a true split it should cause more trouble than what he is having. and if the split is in the cable and has been restored within about 2 sections the hum he is hearing could be caused by that. a phanthom circuit is what sam said.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,072 Shoretel
190,288 CTX100 install
188,554 1a2 system
Newest Members
PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour
49,774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
jsaad 5
teleco 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024