web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Interesting how the "rules" are applied in various degrees in the game of life.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
The phone lines went down so the Bellsouth repair guy had to come and examine the box outside, it seems that a lot of pairs have been going down the last few weeks due to the car hitting the concentrator box. I showed him the 1a2 setup I have and how the panel had burned up a while back and he was fascinated by the setup I have! This technicican had never even SEEN 1a2 and had never used a rotary phone. Couldn't figure out how 2 CO lines end up as 10 lines going to 400 line cards. He was baffled how phones could be ringing and I was conducting business in my home office with no phone service. I explained the VOIP link and Asterisk, going Iax2 over a wireless 80211B link to the office 2 miles away. This 1a2 stuff has been fun for me and it's a useful hobby. Since I have a 1969 car it has reduced my fuel consumption considerably! Less commuting and not having to listen to electronic ringers is worth the trouble of connecting 25 pair wires. I have even gotten to the point where I can do it without referring to the diagrams. Oh and none of the power surges we had in the last year have damaged the 1a2 panel.

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,326
Posts638,990
Members49,781
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,445 Shoretel
190,721 CTX100 install
189,207 1a2 system
Newest Members
wierderal, dante2, Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg
49,781 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 11
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bob3470, justbill, Silversam), 113 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024