Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#479468 08/27/06 10:59 AM
CCSGINC Offline OP
OP Offline
As mentioned in an earlier post, I was asking information pertaining to PTZ cameras. The same project/Job I mentioned has turned in to a full installation of a new system with a total of 11 cameras.

The client wanted the new and latest abilities to be included with his new system. After shopping and researching the 100's of products available, we decided to go with a complete GeoVision-650 system built for 12 cameras.

Has anyone on this site, installed this type of system before, and what was your evaluation of the product.

We have completed the installation, but are experiencing some strange problems that the manufacture dosen't seem to know how to fix.

one example is: On camera 1, I am able to see the image from camera 4 as a moving ghost. These camaera are not near each other, and the cables have been replaced TWICE. HUH?? :shrug:

Looking for help,

Kirk

Kirk Herron
A mistake on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#479469 08/27/06 03:55 PM
Sounds to me like a card problem. I bet the manufacturer said "couldn't be!"

Try using a piece of wire and short the grounds on all the BNC connectors of that card (just to rule out an open ground condition).

I know Topher, a mod here, has some experience with GeoVision.

#479470 08/30/06 02:13 PM
CCSGINC Offline OP
OP Offline
Just thought I would reply and thank everyone for their help on this matter.

Today we preformed several diagnostic test and discovered that the whole problem was a batch of bad BNC connectors.

Replaced all the connector behind the cameras and the DVR, and fixed all the ghosting and interference.

Kirk Herron
A mistake on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
#479471 09/06/06 01:22 PM
This is a tad late, but yes I've had some dealing with GeoVision. Good to hear you got the problem fixed.

Kristopher
#479472 10/31/06 09:35 AM
One of my clients used to sell geovision systems like hotcakes and I got stuck building them all. Functionality and price wise I prefere them over everything else.
We had a lot of support issues, driver issues and bad cards/bad pigtails

then again we probably built several hundred of them and maybe had 10 bad cards and like 15 bad pigtails.

one peice of advise I can offer is HANG ONTO THE DRIVER CD their website has messed up drivers that you have to manually edit the inf files on to make them work, I must have waisted 3 billable hours trying to get the website drivers working even though they had a location in irvine that was a block away from us that wasn't so willing to help.

#479473 10/31/06 11:12 AM
Good to have you aboard Dan!

I first heard of GeoVision on this board and lately I've been quoting against them like crazy. They are priced very low compared to the others and there doesn't seem to be any controlled distribution through authorized dealers. mad

We'll send the Geo questions your way! wink

#479474 10/31/06 11:34 AM
N/P anytime. Even though I no longer work with the company who sold all the systems, I still have a lot of experience with them and still work with the company that did all the original purchasing (The guy who contracts me out is buying that company and my apprentice is their top guy, so I have some pull around there :-) )

#479475 10/31/06 02:38 PM
I know this thread is a little old, but since it's been revived, we use a GeoVision app to view cameras at remote locations via WiFi on our Ipaq PDA's. We tunnel into the remote location using a Sonicwall VPN client on the Ipaq and then attach to the camera using the GeoVision app. I don't know about all their products, but that app is awesome and rock solid.

#479476 11/01/06 05:20 AM
I have to agree, their app is the best I've used. One of my clients just paid someone else to setup a camera system and they used quadrox and I absolutely hate the app.

#479477 11/04/06 06:59 PM
I have been covering a GeoVision for awhile now, has 12 out of 16 cameras running, and they run pretty smooth. If you go out and want to spend that much for a good camera system, get a nice DVR. I won't post the price, but check www.geovision.com, the prices will shock you.

I have had to redo driver problems since I took over maintenance for the system. Audio doesn't work one day, video has problems the next. I have reinstalled the OS approx. 3 times, and unintalled/reinstalled the GeoVision software 4 times.

They aren't bad for the users though, almost too easy, keep the mouse/keyboards away from employees that know how to deactivate the monitoring feature :p . The web app is very nice, especially the fact that you can see all of the cameras in the MultiView at once, it's convienient. I don't like the hardware compatability problems with it, and the fact that it doesn't compress the video that it records low enough that you can't get more than 2 days on 80 gigs.

Actually, it may sound like I'm bashing it, but I do like it, but the must is: The installer must know what they are doing and how to configure drivers MANUALLY in MS Windows, how to get cameras aligned properly, and needs to be able to check the performance of the computer with external apps.

At times, the software will launch some 'GeoVisionXTL' that I find in running processes. It slows the system down incredibly. I have blocked the XTL file from running, having no idea what it does, as I can't find info on it.

If ANYONE needs help with GeoVision, let me know, and it also sounds like Danny knows what he's talking about. Danny, maybe you can say what you think/dislike/like/ about the system.

Kristopher
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,335
Posts639,034
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,536 Shoretel
190,872 CTX100 install
189,302 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rupert 11
tim10 10
Yoda 8
Toner 7
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024