web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#464183 03/31/08 06:00 AM
For those of you following this thread the content of the original posting has shifted considerably. It hasn't exactly been hijacked but taken on a different course.

You might want to continue with this discussion in the following location. All the usual suspects are there.

https://www.sundance-communications.../get_topic/f/30/t/000296/p/1.html#000010

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#464184 03/31/08 09:02 AM
OP Offline
Wow I totally wasn't expecting this much discussion, but I'm pleasantly surprised that this is a hot topic and I'm definitely taking everyone's comments in!

I'm also pleased its been civil...I belong to many other forums where things go from 0 to "out of hand" very quickly ;-)

Anyhow, I guess where it came up is that one of the systems we're comparing to is a Mitel 3300, which has been proposed to us as an all-IP system. We asked the ESI dealer to propose an all IP system so we're comparing Apples-to-Apples (as much as we can knowing there's huge differences in systems).

I think I'm mainly coming from the fact that in this new place, since we're starting fresh, why not get the latest and greatest? Will it be a little more expensive? Maybe, but honestly comparing some of the proposals I'm not seeing a huge difference that I expected to see. I thought price alone was going to drive me back to a hybrid system.

I can definitely say I agree with everybody on the "why ip when digital works" front, and yes I've messed with Cain-n-Able and successfully recorded a (test) conversation. I still think though, that if you're spending big bucks on a new system, why get digital phones when IP may be prevalent like someone else mentioned in a few years? We are an insurance agency, and in the past whenever I bought mediocre equipment, even when I thought we'd never need more, we've outgrown it quickly.

Also - on the ESI 200 vs 600 front, our vendor thought the 600 was a better fit I think based on the total # of ports, not just the number of phones. IE - We already use 2 PRIs and the 200 would limit us to only one more I believe. His reasons made sense to me.

Again, thanks for all the feedback!

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
#464185 03/31/08 09:29 AM
I'm also pleased its been civil...I belong to many other forums where things go from 0 to "out of hand" very quickly

Thank You for noticing, we try hard. We have had our share of "out of controls" as well.

One thing you might keep in mind as the members here attempt to satisfy your questions is how most of us are programmed to trim every last nickel of of a proposal. We put together the final needs end users like yourself describe and propose the most cost effective solution. When we propose a package every item in that package is necessary to satisfy the objective. We don't propose something that might be considered as waste. Now having said that if you feel like All IP is what you want then by all means ye shall have it, after all you are the customer. He who writes the check gets to place the order.

Good Luck and keep us informed!

BTW, Have you gone into Mitel area and got their opinions also?

#464186 04/01/08 02:04 AM
OP Offline
Not yet but thats my next step. Thanks!

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
#464187 04/01/08 08:40 AM
Just remember that your customers will always need a quality installer to put the system in. Also how bout the dial tone? Who is going to hook that up?

Just some thoughts

I talked to a painter the other day and said what happens when a ball is invented that you throw against the wall and it paints the building, His response was: I will be throwing the ball!!!

Same for our industry, we have diversified and will continue to do so to survive.

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
#464188 04/01/08 08:44 AM
We are also talking to our School District about IP phone systems for all the schools (17). I have Paul from ESI coming tomorrow to talk with the district about an all IP system.

They have already talked to Cisco and Black Box (Toshiba) about what they have to offer.

Wish us luck

Thanks

Cosmo

Rick "Cosmo" Mercure
Tri Star Telecom
Sebring, FL http://www.tristartelecom.net
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,557 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 156 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024