web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Version 1.5.24, prompt 2.08 for our OKC office, I'd have to check our FtWorth office. My Esi-Access came with the system when we purchased it. Steve, The last time I called a reseller and got our account switched over to them, they sold us parts with out verifying their compatibility costing us a-lot of wasted money along with other problems, Esi told me they were not well qualified and recommended changing to another reseller; then everything got put on hold until recently and I'm trying to get it all situated even if I have to go through a reseller, that is OK. I just need one that knows what they are doing, I would like to have one locally but last time I checked there wasn't one. Thanks Brian, that makes perfect sense I will give that a try.

Thank you all for the information

Mitch Panter
Long Wave Inc.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Your software is fairly recent. I would prefer you had 1.5.28 I did some tech support research and 1.5.28 cured a problem involving EsiLink. The problem wasn't exactly the same as yours but close.

The closest reputable reseller I know of is in Amarillo, Tx. In fact there are 2 of them there.

I'm sure we can find one closer to you. If possible send me an email telling me who the resellers are that you are not pleased with and I will contact ESI to find you a good one. We don't want ESI to refer the same ones again.

There is a lot that can be done remotely however eventually hands on by a competant reseller will be needed. Wish I was there.

John

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
If the cards have been moved around in different slots an initialization of the system may go a long way in solving your problems. I was told that was an absolute necessity if the card configuration changes.

Initializing can't hurt unless you forget to backup the programming with Esi-Access. Please forgive me if it appears I am talking down to you. That is not my intent. I just want to cover the bases before we make any sudden moves. Initializing erases all programming and recordings. You don't want the entire office re-recording greetings for nothing.

John

OP Offline
Thank you all for the info, I will be trying some of these things this weekend when I can bring our system down.

Mitch Panter
Long Wave Inc.
You shouldn't have to re-initialize, but rebooting with only one port card will erase the port configuration info for the expansion slots and the next time you boot it will write the new config info and give you a "clean install" so to speak. A major part of the boot up process with ESI systems is the port assignments. If you watch it on Procomm you will see what I mean.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
I had a problem with a 256x. At our office cards had been swapped around before bringing the system on site. Months later I needed to install some digital phones station card 9. Previously there had been a analog A12 card. The system did would not recognize the digital phones. Tech support had one of the engineers go into the system and reconfigure the ports. If reinitializing doesn't work best bet and quickest solution is ESI tech support.

Mitch,
I just found this forum. I work for a reseller in in the Dallas Fort Worth area, but I am also a former ESI Tech support employee. I left to get back in the field and the drive was killing me.
First off, all the software on the systems needs to be updated. Next, can you get the revision numbers on all the cards, especially the ones where the system is acting crazy? Some card revisions have issues in certain situations.

Did the Esi-link ever work?
Did you get the 5 year warranty on the systems? That will help if there is bad hardware.

bdunne is right about the port configurations, and the suggetion of booting up one card at a time will help too.

There are a lot of variables you threw out there on these 2 systems.

I haven't seen any postings since 8-26. Is this even still an issue.

Oderint dum metuant
gambitfw, Welcome to the board. I have always wanted someone from ESI tech support a bit closer. As far as this post is concerned I think it has gone cold. I emailed Mitch to see if he would drop by and follow up but haven't seen it and don't really expect to. I take that to mean he is on to other things.
welcome
John

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,673 Shoretel
189,632 CTX100 install
187,865 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (KRRath, Toner), 139 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024