<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillFlippen:
Got a customer that now has 2 lines off premise. (tried the OPX route but telco won't provide since they get their lines through a reseller)
Scenerio: From Auto Attendant caller presses 4, I have that as an outdial to on eof the lines. Is there a way of getting that to a VM box if no answer?
</font>

Hi Bill - if it's an ESI IVX 42s, I think this should work for you.

You would program Branch ID 14 as a GoTo: Outdial. The GoTo branch can be used to transfer a caller to an off-premises location, either in conjunction with Centrex lines or Trunk-to-trunk. When you select GoTo, the system will prompt you for one of those two options.

Call forward busy/no answer can be programmed (and will be prompted for) only if an outdial number is the destination of a GoTo branch.

I suppose if you wanted to invoke this outdial branch by dialing an extension number, you could use an Informational Mailbox (300-309) because the info box has the ability to define a call forward rule.

For example, define the MB300 as info, then set the call forward to Branch ID 14. Record MB300 greeting (or else it's disabled - a "transfer greeting" would work, like please hold while you call is being connected...)and then anyone calling into the Auto Attendant could dial extension 300 and the call would be transferred. I suppose if your outdial needs it's own voicemail box if there's No Answer, then you would burn two Guest/Info mailboxes in this setup.

Cheers - Stephen
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
<a href="https://www.tsinc.com">www.tsinc.com</a>

------------------
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
www.tsinc.com sjoyce@tsinc.com