Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Hmmm, early version of the compressed air system?!

in '88 I had a conduit going from phone room to under concrete floor to center of room in new construction, BLOCKED. Fish tape both ways, fish tape with a hunk of doublejack chain to try to snag with tape from other end. No joy. Electrician brings in a compressed air bottle w/hose and adapter and sticks it on phone room end. His partner holds a piece of sheetrock over the floorbox 2-3 feet above floor. POOF, a load of concrete chunks, wood pieces, and assorted other garbage. Sparky said, "If you don't hold something over the box, there WILL be a flourescent fixture over the the box, and it WILL be damaged."

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

My experience comes courtesy of union sparkies sabotaging our conduit runs by stuffing rocks and soil down them.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I heard if you cut the top off a can of expanding foam you can use a duct rod to push it in to the first bend.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
And that would accomplish what? :shrug:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Must be a union guy.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by BillyBob:
I am going to share a conduit experience that will "blow your mind".
Back in 68-69 time frame I was installing phones in a dept store. Keep in mind this was back in the day when it was common that jobs required the electrical contractor to provide a conduit for each phone.
Well, one of the conduits was stopped up about 75 feet into the run of a 150 foot conduit. I tried to force the fish tape but to no avail. I went to the electrician and told him his conduit was clogged. He poked around with it a few minutes and finally let loose with a few expletives. He then went to his truck and came back with a blasting cap and a roll of wire. He connected the blasting cap to the wire, taped it to the fish tape and inserted it into the conduit until it reached the blockage. He then set off the blasting cap and the blockage (pieces of concrete) came blowing out the other end. We then vacuumed the conduit to remove the residue and all was good.
When he inserted the blasting cap into the conduit I thought for sure we were going to have a blowout in the middle of the floor!

Bill
Yeah, the cap alone won't blow a hole in the floor,....... now if he had mixed a few bags of ammonium nitrate and a few gallon of diesel fuel to the mix.... You would proably need more than the floor fixed. LOL!

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Conduit of yesteryear had the consistency of HY-80! Today's stuff is made out of Kia's and Yugo's!
Excellent pipe job, too... aok

Why is it that if theres a hole in something people with mixed concrete think they have to fill it?!

Forty six years and still fascinated with Telecommunications!
Hey, they just gotta hide/put that excess somewhere! laugh

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
"Why is it that if there's a hole in something people with mixed concrete think they have to fill it?!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never bend over in a concrete plant! eek

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,197 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024