Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
festec Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't think they alow cell phones in schools. In hospitals you got to shut off your cell phone but I did see doctors using wi-fi in hospitals.

since their is some controversy over wireless in schools with little kids it should be avoided if posible

:read:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Teachers and administrators don't have cell phones? The policy for kids is so that they don't use them during class and disrupt it. Nothing else.

Everybody talks about hospitals requiring you to shut off your cell. I have never seen one that does, at least in maybe 15 years. The reason was that they were afraid the phones would interfere with the telemetry and other equipment such as imaging. Hospitals today hopefully have upgraded their equipment since than and cell phones are no longer a problem because the equipment is designed to tolerate them. Heck, I don't even turn my phone off that's hanging on my belt clip when I get a nuclear stress test or ultrasound test. Patients all use them instead of paying for the hospital room land line.

The controversy is BS. That kind of stuff has been going on for years and every time somebody comes up with something like that somebody else disproves it as vodoo science.

You can't possibly single out WiFi without considering cell phones that are constantly held millimeters from your brain and are thousands of times more powerful.

As a matter of fact in the US it is illegal for anybody to object to a cell site location on the basis health.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Over the past couple of years, my dad has been in Intensive Care a few times. The hospitals required us to switch off our cell phones when going in to visit.

The rules for the Step Down units & general rooms tend to be less restrictive, but vary from hospital to hospital.

I Love FEATURE 00
Well, I can only attest to when I was in ICU but then I wasn't in any mood to use my phone so I don't know. I don't believe my visitors had to turn them off though. But like you said, it varies from hospital to hospital but the point is that if they are prohibited it's because of potential interference issues, certainly not because they are a health risk.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Maybe we will evolve, and grow big tumors on the side of our head to hold our cell phones?

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally posted by 1864:
Maybe we will evolve, and grow big tumors on the side of our head to hold our cell phones?
Either that or our brains turn into cell phones.

(I didn't edit your post...I hit edit instead of quote)

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally posted by festec:

In May, the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer reclassified radio frequency emitted by wireless devices as possibly carcinogenic.

"As long as RF energy levels remain below Health Canada's RF safety guidelines, current scientific evidence supports the assertion that RF energy emissions from Wi-Fi devices are not harmful," the department said in a statement Thursday.
Let's all spend OPM* and chase a "possible" issues.

*Other People's Money

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Are these the same folks that said plain old homogenized, pasteurized cow's milk was bad for adults, and then said 'oops, our bad, it's ok'?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Dr. Magda Havas, who studies environmental contaminants at Trent University, hopes other schools will move towards this model. "This is a much better way of connecting kids to the Internet, it's not nearly as dangerous as wireless," Havas said. There have been no short or long term studies done on the impact of Wi-Fi, though some researchers believe children may absorb more radiation than adults. Students and teachers at a number of Canadian schools have raised concerns about dizziness, headaches and other side effects they believed are linked to wireless exposure. The Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario is set to review wireless Internet in schools after educators raised health concerns and voted on the issue during the summer.

This is a purely emotional issue and as such does no warrant the spending of public money. However that has never stopped politicians before...

-Hal

How about broken ankles from tripping over the LAN cables?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,426 Shoretel
189,198 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, RATHER BE FISHING), 114 guests, and 397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024