Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I had to pass up a potential nice job because I did not have a drill driver drill at the moment. Now I need to get some recommends on a affordable one to drill into concrete. If some one can suggest one, that would be great!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
what size holes ?

Ive rented Hilits when I needed something heavy duty , I have a cordless ryobi and a corded Makita for small stuff

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Admin
Admin
I like my Milwaukee but be careful where you buy one. I bought one at Home Depot and the chuck broke off on the first hole. I went to a real tool store and bought another and the chuck shaft was much larger. Same model number just had a letter at the end and was $100 cheaper at HD.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Hilti. Big bucks, and will last a lifetime.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I know hilti are one of the best. I used one though another company and cannot recall what model. Perhaps it was Bosch? I have no idea from dad to day or project to project what size holes I will be drilling the size of. But I imagine it cannot be any bigger then anchoring a server rack into the ground.

Hiltis are great drills. However METABO makes a good smaller sized hammer drill (can't remember the model #) that will drill both large and small holes with ease..low impact to the user too which is always a good thing...On another note, I use the Bosch drill bits,,,the bit is just as important as the drill

It depends what you are trying to do, like the others say. My Dewalt can drill small holes for anchors and Tapcons with no problem. I've used Hilti and Metabo SDS hammer drills for actually having to put a conduit sized hole in block walls. Be careful because they can also take your arm off!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I use M12 and M18 cordless Milwaukee tools for light to medium drilling. Great tools and great power. However, if it is really coming down to some heavy duty drilling using SDS bits, I have to give major kudos to my Bosch Bulldog. I have had this drill for 10 years now and it still runs great! It is by far the best SDS Hammer drill I have ever used!! and they are reasonably priced as well. With all this being said. You really have to make sure you have the right type of hammer drill for the hole sizes and quantity. If you are putting in some small concrete anchors, then standard masonry bits and a drill should work. If you are drilling some 1/2 holes, then you need SDS bits and hammer drill.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
We've had a Hilti for years. Recently needed a second hammer drill, so I wanted to get the Bosch Bulldog. My tool house sells Bosch, but directed me to the similar Makita model; they said same performance, less money. I think they're right. I've used the Makita for up to 1-1/4" holes. It's not quite as powerful as the Hilti, but certainly gets the job done. Also, if you can, make sure whatever you get has a "hammer only" function--I've found chisels in hammer drills to be a lifesaver.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
We use the Dewalt 18v and Ridgid 18V for basic stuff.

Next up up is the Dewalt 18V cordless SDS hammer drill. It is strictly a hammer drill not the normal selectable drill/Hammer drill and also the Hilti TE18M.

Then comes the 14.4V and 18V dewalt right angle drills and The Milwakee Hole Hawg right angle drill (the big one).

Lastly the Hilti DD130 coring Rig.

Each drill has it's unique purpose. Not one does every job, but each does it's job very well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,885
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,802 Shoretel
189,891 CTX100 install
188,026 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024