Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
but the plastic end came off and the whole tape wound up inside of it
don't throw it away. Just heat the tip with a torch and make it into a loop just like the 1/8" fish tapes.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I took a steel fish tape apart and.. BOING it said!

Originally posted by MNDAVE:
but the plastic end came off and the whole tape wound up inside of it
don't throw it away. Just heat the tip with a torch and make it into a loop just like the 1/8" fish tapes.
I would if the tape would come out. It is now wound up inside of the unit. No amount of pushing the handle will get it out. As the post above says, boing goes the tape. I went ahead and bought a regular steel leader tape instead. Works much better. Can easily bend the end to prevent it from going inside.

I forgot those Greenlee tapes shown above don't come apart easily. We had one that we were able to treat before someone wound it up all the way. And for the "boing", it's best to pay out a tape prior to taking any apart. If one doesn't do that, it becomes one of those "Oops - shouldn't have done that" events!
:scratch:

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

My impression is that the OP is going to drill into the wall horizontally. In that case the big concern isn't the insulation, it is the possibility of hitting a wire or pipe.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
That's the way I took it as well. Once through the initial layer of gyrok, just push the drill "gently" though. With the bit or the coat hanger, you can "feel" around before doing any major damage.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
as a cable guy they never taught us that but I never hit anything anyways.... thank you so much for the advise!

OP Offline
easy stuff! I LOVE phone work. The situation was that he wanted line two active for his office. Well, the phone company came in and activated line two but the inside wiring was screwed up. He wanted a whole new line put in for line two. He didn't even want me to try and fix it. We went into the office, drilled the hole to the outside and there was very little insulation. Heck, there was more insulation in warm Florida than in this mountain town. So I looked in the hole in the interior wall and could easily see the hole in the exterior wall. I then stuck the glow rod through the hole and went outside and tied the phone cable to it (I used cat3 as it was only for phone). Then I went inside and pulled it into the house. After installing the wall plate I went back outside and fed about a foot of cable back into the wall and then stapled the line straight down to the foundation. There was satellite cable that the customer told me to zip-tie the phone cable too which went around to the demarcation point. When I got around to the demarc I then fed the phone cable up and beanied it to the phone company line. I just realized why we shouldn't have zip tied the phone line to the satellite lines; because what happens after the satellite comes down. As for using the beanies.... inside the demarc was a mess. I forgot camera so no pictures. I can't handle criticism anyways. You'll just have to believe me that it looked good. After testing and cleanup I then went to the mall and bought new shoes with my earnings.
They're awesome shoes. They're 43 dollar shoes that I got for 20.

so you used a Gel filled outdoor cable right?

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
It didn't have to be gel filled unless it was buried (assuming it's rated RT4.) Bell's aerial drop isn't gel filled either.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,434 Shoretel
189,205 CTX100 install
187,448 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024