web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Well, now it's a different story if the existing is as bad as you say it is. I thought this was a respectable place. wink We installed cabling in many such and much better buildings for the cable companies. We would use a PVC corner raceway run around the ceiling/wall juncture in all the hallways on each floor. Then we would punch through the back of it and through the wall into the apartments or units where needed. From what you are saying I see no reason you couldn't do the same thing.

Where did the "fireproof" requirement come from? Was it your idea or the owners?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Late suggestion but just wanted to add that if the customer is afraid of tampering as in security to possibly recommend fiber optic cabling run but perhaps from the description of the building you mean a more mischievous security threat...

Product Development Manager, ICC

http://www.icc.com
I suspect it's mischief and vandalism. That's usually the case in places like that but then again we haven't been told what this cable is for.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
jjimm Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't had time to update, but here it is.The "fireproof" came from me. Customer wanted it tamper-proof- from angry tenants and saboteurs. This job was the first time I had to get an inspection and I got a little bit overcautious, I now believe.
Luckily, I ran into an old phone company workmate from the Pacific Telephone days at a reunion and it turned out he had a telco business here in San Francisco, and did jobs like this all the time. He advised me that 1. I do need a permit and that 2. plenum cables would be fine and standard PVC raceway is fine as well. Just as you say Hal, thanks.
I did my walkthrough with electrician today who will install sleeves and possibly a conduit in the busy ground floor and price out conduit from IDF closets to rooms on each floor. I will compare the pricing and almost for sure will go with the standard raceway afterward.
I appreciate the advice very much. Thanks all!

do not forget to take labor into account, if the sparky will run conduit for you it will be much faster then if you need to lay in your own raceway.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Just make sure there are pull strings and conduits are correctly ID'd!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,204 CTX100 install
187,445 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024