Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Hey, they just a light for old Saint Nick on his yearly rounds. They just forgot that light bulbs and Flour. tubes need to be changed from time to time....

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

when i moonlighted for a major alarm contractor you should have seen some of the boners i saw. One place used to be a gas station, closed in the 70s, when they converted the guy instead of pulling the hoists out of the floor in the garage left them there. put 3 inchs of concrete over them to make em level with the office.
now 25 years later the old hoists started to leak. he had the environment people up his rear so quick, cost quite a bit to decontaminate the place, as well as demo the offices in the former garage to get to the hoists!

You would be amazed what you find behind sheetrock. I was doing a job in a major mall here in quebec where some sheetrock was pulled down in front of 3 of the anchor stores. at the Bay (major department store) there was a simpsons neon sign still there, simpsons folded into the bay in 1989, in front of another pair of stores there were steinbergs and miracle mart signs (2 stores owned by the same company that folded in the early 90s. What ever happened to removing un used wiring ETC these are signs that have not seen the light of day for 20 years and are still there preserved!

Jay, a recovering IT guy
above the sheetrock was a suspended ceiling and intact 4 tube 8 foot long flourescent lights, for the fun of it i put my meter on the lights and found they were still powered...

I have an office customer that occupies a space with an 8 foot dropped ceiling. Normal tiles and grid until you pop up a tile and look above. The space could have been a Home Depot with 20 feet above the ceiling to the roof. There are even high bay HPS fixtures up there. Every time I have to run some wire I go out in the hall to an electrical panel and switch them on. Seems I'm the only one who knows what those breakers are for.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Went to a friend’s house to put on some phone jacks in a newly finished basement... the electrician already pulled the wire before they drywalled. Of the 6 jacks only one would tone out. There were 8 wires at the 66 block… one toned out; I found another coiled above the water heater (?). After cutting a few big holes in the utility room the cables went through the wall and a beam by the steps, on the other side cut a small hole but no cables. He called the electrician who said “it must have been a bad box of wire or the dry wall guys cut ‘em, but for a price he could fix it.” My friend put an end to cutting his drywall so I put a 25’ cord on the working jack and said good day.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Have a friend who remodeled his garage into a family room. Talked him into a jack centered in every wall. Wasn't easy, he's tighter than a tick! He had a laundry room in 1 corner where all the utilities, including phone came into the garage from the basement. Wanted a jack in the laundry room, so I used a 'biscuit' and also used it as a junction point. TOLD him, LEAVE THE JACK OPENING POINTED DOWN! That was Saturday. Monday evening he calls from the neighbors house, been trying to get the phone to work ANYWHERE in the house since Sunday PM. Yep, he turned the 'biscuit' straight up so it would be easy to plug in the phone. Full of water, and little green fuzzies. Scotchlocked the mess and discarded the jack. "Get a long line cord, Steve." "No, Steve, I'm not going to put another jack there. If you do, DON'T call me when the phones quit again!" John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Contacts down or the dial tone frown frown wink

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,292
Posts638,824
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,488 Shoretel
189,240 CTX100 install
187,584 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Carl Navarro, mongo5150), 108 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024