web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
I was just doing some research about amphenol connectors. 'Cuz I know they're used in many systems to connect the KSU to a 66 block. But what kept getting me confused was the 'wiring scheme' used to connect the 25 pair cable to the 66 block. For instance, I know that the 25 pair cables contain 5 sets of 5 pairs, but when you punch the cables down on a block what order do you go in? Is there any website or document that displays a clear representation of how to do this?

O yeah, also, lets say... hypothetically speaking I have a norstar 6x16 (i don't) and I need to connect the cables that go to the phones to the block. I know they connect on the right side and that (i need to use a bridging clip) they go in the regular order, but... do I skip any pairs (that go from the 25 pair cable) when I am punching down the cables or do I just go straight down the row?

[This message has been edited by chicagotechsolutions (edited February 15, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco

OP Offline
ah, thank you very much

Or as I learned:
While
Running
Backwards
You
Vommit
and
Boy
Over
Girl
Brings
Smiles

SST Offline
just to bend the subject a little bit. Does anyone know where I can get amphenol connector? I have an amp machine and plenty of 25-pair cable. Searching the market, I pretty much only find pre made cables. I did find one source that had a minium order of 250, thats about 200 more than I need.

SST,

Check with Graybar. I used to purchase champ connectors from them using the Amp butterfly style crimper. M & F were both available.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I have a 25 pair amp. tool made by 3M if you need to get one.

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers

OP Offline
Thanks a lot for all of your responses, I really appreciate the quick help

I would was also wondering how to...
Lets say... hypothetically speaking I have a norstar 6x16 (i don't) and I need to connect the cables that go to the phones to the block. I know they connect on the right side and that (i need to use a bridging clip) they go in the regular order, but... do I skip any pairs (that go from the 25 pair cable) when I am punching down the cables or do I just go straight down the row?

Admin
Admin
No, you don't skip any pairs. I hope you're not punching the jack cables directly to the KSU block though. You should have your jack cables going to a separate block and use cross-connect (jumper) wire between them.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
You may want to try Anixter for your Amp ends.
Always punch all pairs and lable your blocks.. And if your wall mounting use a back board! Don't just hang it on drywall or cynder block.
Typically it goes from left to right:
CO or (provider), system ports, and field.
It's not unusual to have to vary from this
as long as it's neat.
Use spools or open D-rings as a cross connect bridge accross the top of your 66 blocks.
Also keep in mind, 110 blocks can make for a nice clean install
Larger systems are sometimes rack mounted using patch panels for system ports and field wiring.
Tip=top tip-top
I always glance down the 66 block after wiring but before punching from top down and make certain every 2nd clip is blue/orange/green/brown/slate.
If you flipped the tip & ring you can catch it pretty quick.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 134 guests, and 346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024