web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#429105 06/12/07 08:37 AM
Been trying to use this today and cant believe how long it took me to do the smallest thing i still havent found were station names is hidden. Gave up in the end got my ddi's in and used the phone.

bring back OSM please!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#429106 06/15/07 06:54 AM
OMG you lot moan sooo much. Look at the plus side, this is a huge step forward. Ok so there are bugs to iron out as with any new switch, but no need to install OfficeServ Manager on the customers PC any more and patch updates everytime new software comes out. You can now program the INTEGRATED voicemail in the same window... about time! You do not need to have Windows any more you will be able to use any browser on any divice. WOW welcome to convergence guys.

#429107 06/16/07 11:54 PM
Fair enough but the processor is too slow, no matter how many sw upgrades you do it will still be slow, you can't swap out the MP10 everytime.
How easy would it have been for them to put the mmc codes in, everybody knows the mmc codes!! mad

#429108 06/17/07 04:11 AM
My thoughts exactly :toast:

#429109 06/17/07 02:43 PM
Their trying to make it easier for the CG's that can buy it at Graybar :rofl:

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
#429110 06/17/07 05:23 PM
Their trying to make it easier for the CG's that can buy it at Graybar
Now you are on the right track as to the reason.

#429111 06/17/07 07:22 PM
I just got my first taste of the new install tool on the 7100. I was reallllly slow at first, but now getting the hang of it. I wasnt happy with the svmi quality either, but the customer didnt notice. They thought it was fine. Voicemail is voicemail to them. Other than that, it went quite smoothly.

#429112 06/21/07 09:14 AM
You guys knew I couldn't resist posting in this thread, didn't you?

To answer leemc1978: 7400s don't use OSM, they use WebMMC. Be thankful we're going to the Installation Tool. WebMMC is like sticking your head in a microwave, only way less fun.

To aero: Don't need Windows? Yeah, let me know how you get along with Firefox/Konqueror/Safari/Opera there. Have you yet found the 35% of the screens that don't work AT ALL? I normally agree a lot of whining goes on here, but this is one place where the concerns are valid.

When one of us says that YOU guys asked for it, we mean it. For the entire length of my employment here the number one complaint we have had from our RSMs is that there's no web programming. For at least 2 years the Dealer Advisory Board or its' equivalent has asked for web programming.

As to why they moved away from MMCs? Because people kept complaining that MMCs are difficult to learn and they wanted a wizard-based approach to installation.

We didn't and don't develop ANYTHING to "make it easier to sell to Graybar". That's tantamount to saying "ehhh, we don't like our customers and we're really tired of getting money. Let's go ahead and alienate all our customers so we go out of business!"

We develop things because we are trying to work in our customer's best interests so you're happy and buy more so that we're happier and make more. Kind of how business works, right?

ALL of that said... I am the guy who was over WebMMC. I am the guy who was over the web programming for the 7100. I'll let you see behind the curtain a bit more than is strictly necessary.

If you want to know the reason that they are difficult to use, here it is: the Korean programmers are guys right out of college who went into code. They have never been to a customer site, installed a system in the field, or maintained a live system.

In short they don't know what we need, what YOU need. They program according to what WE tell them we need. Unfortunately I can only specify so much in a document before I am actually coding it myself. When I got WebMMC (and subsequently the web interface for the 7100) I was horrified.

Within hours of starting my testing I had 300+ issues to report. Some (*cough*most*cough*) were fundamental issues with the platforms. In the case of WebMMC it wasn't given to me until VERY late in the 7400 project, so by the time I said it was garbage it was way too late to develop a new alternative (like and OSM). Beleive it or not there's quite a bit that goes into making OSM work.

In the case of the 7100 it was a matter of priority. The telephone tab by all rights should not exist as it's slow, is KNOWN to corrupt databases and lose data. But that is why I peppered the documentation and my launch presentations with the words: DO NOT USE THE TELEPHONE TAB, IT IS NOT FOR US USE. It's not like we snuck it in and didn't tell you. The only thing I could have done to make it more clear would be to put it on the programming manual in big bold letters.

But we also knew it couldn't be fixed without scrapping it and starting over so we developed the Installation Tool. Unfortunately because the Telephone tab had been set up to use the OSM protocol, the OSM protocol had been changed over to that weird categorized system (which truth be told isn't that hard to learn, though it's admittedly annoying at first).

But the voicemail interface is something we couldn't possibly redo. It's a Linux kernel running a processor that couldn't possibly handle any kind of DOS simulation or anything. The only recourse was to fix the web tool. So that's what I concentrated on.

The voicemail is ALL that web tool should be used for. Anything else and you're taking your service profits in your hands.

The voicemail tab is still slow and is ugly and unfriendly, but there's nothing on it that's broken (unless you use a browser other than IE6). At least nothing I or the field trials could find and we were quite thorough.

The plan is to move all the 7000 series to the Installation Tool. Not my project so I can't say on if it will stay as is or go back to MMCs. The web tool will undergo changes and fixes, and unless they drive me to a psychotic break it will eventually be friendly, fast, and easy to use.

Just going to take a little evolution as I train the programmers the delicate nuances of user interface design...

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Samsung Telecommunications
sguenther@sta.samsung.com
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.
#429113 06/21/07 02:17 PM
Shawn glad you are back. wink in your defense the tool is OK. I like others prefer the keyset and some the OSM but either way I am glad you have our intrest in mind.

As for the mmc's you can search them in the tool so no loss there.
As for the reason why no mmc's CMDL is right. the system is being promoted to CG's and they dont understand MMC nor do they care to learn it. funny thing is MMC is the easy way to learn this stuff. Our trade is slipping away (how sad)

As for this topic it has been hijacked. The origional poster should have the answer they need and it is time to let this topic slip away.

If someone wants to start a new thread please by all means do just that. :thumb:

Thank you for understanding.

#429114 11/21/07 08:49 AM
Before posting in the future keep in mind that NO passwords are allowed.

There is a sticky at the top called FAQ please read.

Steve Castle
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,195 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 406 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024