web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
Ok here are some recent changes and updates from my phone tech.
1-Timing issues. Station Transfer recall was extended from 20 seconds to 45 seconds. This is a Hub/Node specific programming feature.

2-DTMF tone extended to 80 msecs.

3-Voice Mail DTMF tone extended to 80 msecs.

4-In station programming, intercom forward was set to "None."

5-In station programming, auto attendant transfer on busy, set to "No."

6-In system programming, auto attendant immediate transfer, set to "Yes."

7-In Voice Mail programming, transfer was set to "Blind.". This was
originally set to "Wait for Answer."

Calls from my cell phone to the system were also successful for the most part, but
there is still the intermittent dropped call. The diagnostic LED's on the PRI card,
showed the call never hit the PBX. This means there might still be an issue with
calls coming into the AT&T CO, although the LEC said there testing showed nothing
wrong.

During all of this work, one-on-one conversations with every site revealed no problem with intercom calls from one campus to the other. In my technical support
window with Vertical, the technician ruled out any problems on the network, since
site-to-site intercom calls were never lost. His conclusion was that dropped calls
were being caused by the Carrier or the Voice Mail system.

In retrospect, 45 seconds for Station Transfer Recall seems a little long. This might need to be shortened, so callers don't have to wait longer than they should.
Does any of that info help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I came in this morning and box 11 is now full, with 200 messages. I'm not sure why because none of our extensions start with 11.

OP Offline
Deleted all boxes (except box 70, which is supervisor box) with 2 or 3 digit extensions. Called in and tried to dial extension 1009 - the system immediately hung up on me. frown
Tried calling back and get nothing. No greeting, just silence. Hung up on me after 45 seconds or so. I'm ready to trash the whole thing and have a secretary answer all the calls.

OP Offline
I can call in and watch the VP screen. It shows playing the greeting. I enter in an extension, and the call is dropped. However on the screen it shows the correct box, says Pausing, Please hold, Xfer dialing. Sometimes I hear the "Please hold" before it hangs up, sometimes not - it seems to get cut off at random times.
That to me seems to indicate the call is being dropped outside the VP unit at least. Might be the phone system, might be the PRI.

OP Offline
The next time I tried - I entered ext 1009, but the VP screen showed 1001! I know it was me because no other line was active.

Admin
Admin
Do you have a manual for this voicemail? There is a trace function that will print to screen and show what the voice mail is seeing. If the tech didn't modify the trans.xxx field after PRI installation then I have a hunch where your main issues are. What about the synch chip on the SVCS3 board? A slipping PRI will cause issues as well.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Yes, I have the manual printed out - it's huge! I'll see if I can find how to use the trace function.
I'll check with the tech to see if the trans.xxx file was modified. I'll also ask about the sync chip.
I know there was some issue with a card being in the main cabinet and sync with ATT. Once he moved said card to the secondary cabinet, things were supposed to be in sync with the T1 rather than the internal clock (or something like that, sorry, I'm going on memory).

OP Offline
Just talked to tech - he said that the trans.xxx file has not been modified to his knowledge. However he stated that it probably does not need to be altered just because we switched from a POTS line to a PRI.

He did verify that the chip on the SVCS3 board is syncd to ATT.

Is there something I can check to see if the trans.xxx is set up correctly?

Admin
Admin
Invoke the trace procedure and make a call and see what's on the screen. Compare a good call with a bad call.

BTW going from POTS to PRI is exactly why most sites require a trans.xxx mod.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I will do this asap and let you know. Thanks for all your help.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,866
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,672 Shoretel
189,623 CTX100 install
187,863 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024