web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sam Sung is right. You can overflow a group from the first node and start ringing a group in the second node.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I know the programming will not let you do it but is there a way to trick it I may be able to do the over flow (they may go for it )

I have a theory here that you can try. I tested it in my office and it should work with 2 networked 100's. It's kind of quircky but I've had to do crazy things like this in the past to make an application work.

Basically let's say you have a full time auto-attendant with an option press 2 for sales.
This option needs to ring 3 phones in Node A and 3 phones in Node B at the same time. Programming won't allow this of course. What you could do to make it appear they are ringing almost at the same time is point option 2 in the voicemail to a station group with the 3 members of node A in it. Make the overflow 2-4 seconds to a staton group in Node B with those 3 members. Then take that group in Node B and make the overflow 2-4 seconds to another station group in Node A with the same initial 3 phones. This group would have to be different or you would end up creating an endless loop. You could keep this process going till finally overflowing a group to a voicemail box. I haven't tested this between 2 nodes over IP but here in my office it seemed to ring the phones almost at the same time. Not sure how the networked 100's will handle the overflow bouncing between both Nodes. Just a thought. That's about all I could come up with. It would be real easy if you could simply put a virtual extension in the node a group with forward all set to the other node but station forwarding does not apply when calling a station group. Hope this helps or maybe puts a thought in some ones head on how to do this better. Cheers!

OP Offline
sound like it might work I'm going back on tuesday and I'll give it a shot ....

How did you make out??? Curious to see if you got something working.

OP Offline
Going this comming tuesday, It's crazy around here. I need about 3 more techs

So do we!!! Were having the busiest month in the companies history.

OP Offline
Did a 2 cabnet 500 install thursday night started at 8pm got out of there at 4:30 am home at 5 am pager went off at 7:30 am hit the office to pick up another 500 single cabnet got home at 7:30 pm

any body get the plate of that truck I'm going to bed

OP Offline
Ok the results are in

Set node A to ring 10 sec then over flow to node B

node B overs flows 10 sec back to node A then to node A's v-mail they also have the ablity to foward all calls to node B witch then over flow back to node A v-mail and vice versa ( yes there are 2 svmi 8's)

Thanks Benb I varyed alittle from your layout I also did not use the auto attendant just let the groups handle the calls

Cool man :toast: Glad it worked out!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,442 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 138 guests, and 394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024