Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi
I think this topic has popped up before, i have looked around a bit and not found any answers yet.
I need to connect some SIP trunks from a provider such as www.sipgate.co.uk or www.sipdiscount.com to make cheap calls. The Officeserv seems to be missing the authentication options in MMC 837 (sip server options). Does anyone know how to get this working?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok got a bit further, v2.63b software has authentication. It logs onto my account i have created but, i get no-where dialing out. Iam going to use ethereal to capture some packets and see what the OfficeServ is dialing.
I guess no one has done this before.

Did you try Samsung Tech Support- Tim Sarvis?

As far as I have heard without some sort of sip server running Sip won't work .Not sure about your application though I haven't heard of any one using it yet.

I am very interested in this topic as well. Do you know if it is possible to install a Asterisk server (which handles all the SIP extensions, etc.) and link it to the OfficeServ 500 to allow call trunking from the OfficeServ that way?

Ideally I would like to have my Astrisk Server handling all the SIP phones and still be able to call into the OS500 (and vice-versa).

Is this possible or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Luke.

I agree with benb. The last I heard was it wasn't functional. Samsung TS would be my 1st call.

aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Iam a Samsung trained engineer of five years, but this one has got me... the new software will support sip trunks but Samsung will not support it. So you have to figure out for yourself.

aussieboi21 - that is exactly what i want to do with it, imagine what you could do with an Asterisk box and a Samsung OfficeServ. Saying that the "Feature Server" will be relased soon which gives you UMS, SIP phones and more, they are just a bit slow.

When i get time i will get this working and let you know, its just really busy a the mo. wink

Using the newest software,(2.63b) I have managed to get an OS 7200 to register and authenticate to a public SIP server. (using MMC837), and can make and receive external calls.

I haven't tried talking to an Asterix Server, but I would expect it to work in the same way.

Hi CTIUSER,
good news. Is a WIM Board needed ?
Which ports are used for which ip ?

I´m also trying but until now i didn´t have enough time.

Can you explain which settings you set in mmc 837 ?

Thx!

aero Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes ctiuser please tell us what you have set in 837?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,318
Posts638,936
Members49,776
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,163 Shoretel
190,367 CTX100 install
188,751 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
dans 5
lyte 4
dexman 3
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (4thright), 137 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024