Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#422404 10/23/04 09:04 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I have talked station to station, so I do understand- not to use the "line buttons" now [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] But- I still tried to use station 4 to reprogram and its not working out. when I push station 4 I get a fast dial tone-

And I was told to key in #20-12341 #62 then hit line 1- is that correct or wrong?
Can you walk me through what I am suppossed to key in after pressing station 4 and why it is I am getting a fast dial tone when I do push station 4? Sorry, I know I must be frustrating you, but thank you for trying to help me!!

Lisa
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#422405 10/23/04 09:20 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Lisa:

You don't PUSH station 4---you GO to station 4. That is the ONLY station (phone set) (extension) that will allow you to program. All of the other stations (phones) (sets) do not allow system programming. No matter what you do---they will not allow system programming. That is why you have to determine WHERE station 4 is in your house. When you determine that---then GO to that station and program. Perhaps you can take a good display phone and plug it directly into your KSU --into station port 4. Do you have at least 4 phones on the system?? Now--this is assumming that your system is at default--don't forget.

#422406 10/23/04 09:21 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok- sorry... I get a "Beeeep" "Beeeep" each time I hit station one on the left or line one (not pushing the buttons above the keypad).

Second- the speaker light on that phone is still flashing, cant get it to turn off.

Lisa
#422407 10/23/04 09:29 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry I misunderstood you, considering I do not understand technical language very well :/, anyhow, YES I am using station 4, that is the phone we use to reprogram the other 3 phones in the house and station 4 is in our basement.

I am ONLY having problems with line one in my house- it wont ring.

The speaker button is flashing on station 4.

I cant believe I actually reprogrammed this phone before w/out probs and got the ringer going again- I dont know what I have done today. Sorry my technical language is not correct, because I am not explaining things properly and havent understood. I am getting there now though [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

So, what steps do I take on station 4 to get the ringer going on line one again, and do I need to worry that the speaker button is flashing on station 4 only?

THANKS- from a "dummie" lol.

Lisa
#422408 10/23/04 09:32 AM
To quote from the user guide

To forward your calls to another station or group
1. With the handset on hook dial #11
2. Press the DSS button of the station that will receive your calls
3. Dial #

Your SPK button will flicker as a reminder that you have forwarded your calls.

To cancel

1. With the handset on hook, dial #11
2. Press your DSS button
3. Dial # again. SPK button will stop flickering

#422409 10/23/04 09:42 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
First let me thank you for trying to help me through this, you are being very patient and I appreciate that. I have 2 questions:

When I push the #key and I do NOT pick up the reciever I get a fast busy signal, and cant do anymore??

What does DSS mean? And when you say to hit # (I need to go back a re-read the numbers)- and to forward it to the line I want calls, do you mean to then hit line one on the left side?

Again, I apologize for not knowing anything about this system and have been asking so many questions.

Lisa
#422410 10/23/04 09:44 AM
Lisa:

1. If you are indeed at station 4 (extension 24) and you press the # key and get a reorder tone(beep, beeP)--then you either
a. are NOT at station 4
b. The system is not in default and the programming phone has been switched to another station.

If (a) is the case---then go to station 4 (extension 24) Find out by intercomming station 24 from your station.
or if (b) is the case---then go to any of your phones and press the # key. The programming phone (what ever station it is)will accept that as the first keystroke of programming. Then procede.
Are we havin' fun yet?? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

#422411 10/23/04 09:49 AM
DSS mean Direct Station Select---those are the buttons on the left side of your phone. If station 21 goes off hook, the first key (upper left) will light. To intercom station 21--push that key. To intercom station 24 push the 4th key from the top left going down on the left---1,2,3,4 etc to 8----the 9 or station 29) is the top button on the right in the 16 button section.

#422412 10/23/04 09:57 AM
Lisa:

"and to forward it to the line I want calls, do you mean to then hit line one on the left side?"
I have no idea what your're saying here.
The poste about "call forwarding" has to do with the SPK lite flickering. I think you have call forwarded the phone---THAT is why your SPK light may be flickering. I posted that so that you could CANCEL the call forwarding. If you look at the keystrokes---it starts out with #.

#422413 10/23/04 10:28 AM
LisaG Offline OP
OP Offline
Well I am not sure what I am talking about now, lol.

I am not picking up the handset.
here is what I have done and hasnt worked:

With the handset onhook press #20 should say mmc disable then press 12341#. Then go #62 day ring assignment press line 1 button then press the button for the extensions you want to ring and #.

I am trying to get my ringer to ring on the phones in the house, which happen to be 3 of them, and its the ringer that calls come in on line one (line one above the keypad- just so I am not confusing you). I do understand what DSS is now and the stations.

Our phone used to program the other phones is the basement phone which I have been using with these codes. Do I have the wrong codes? I tried #11 in the order you said also, and nothing.

Is this fun yet, hahaha... oh yeah, I am having a blast, since I am "prostar illiterate!!"

Lisa
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Professor Shadow), 134 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024