web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have an eight port DX 120 system. I want to be able to bypass calling an extension and transfer the call directly in to the Voicemail box. Can this be done?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

yup.
While on the call, press voicemail button followed by the extension number of the MB or the direct station selection button and hang up. Call goes directly to the MB greeting. DO NOT PUT CALL ON HOLD!
Mark

Are you asking how to transfer a caller FROM YOUR PHONE into the voicemail, or are you asking how to make the auto-attendant send the call directly into the voicemail box instead of ringing the extension first, then hitting that persons personal greeting?

If its scenario 1, Mark is spot on above.

However, if you are referring to scenario 2, than what you need to do is change the mailbox forwarding type. You can do this through PCDBA programming by changing the box type from "Blind" to "No Transfer", OR each person can turn their forwarding off individually by going into their mailbox options and selecting option 5 (I think it's 5). Listen to the instructions it gives you for setting the call transfer destination. Set it to none.

"OR each person can turn their forwarding off individually by going into their mailbox options and selecting option 5 (I think it's 5). Listen to the instructions it gives you for setting the call transfer destination. Set it to none."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not quite, you go to your mailbox options (press 3 from your main menu in your mailbox) then select option 4, it will say "your calls are currently being transfered to extention XXX press 1 if you would like to change the number, press star to turn this feature on or off" Turning off sends calls to VM on any call to your extention. Turn it back on when you are in the office.

This is not what the OP asked for, but it is good end user information.
Mark

Thanks for the correction on the option number Mark. Its been a while since I've used one of these.

-SW

Mark,

I understand your explanation, and most of our phones have the voicemail button, but mine does not. Is there a way to program that voicemail button onto my phone?

Thank you kindly,
Jeremy

Sure, press Feature # 3, then the button you want to put it on, if there is already something on it press chg (using the interactive buttons under the prompt on the screen) then select "fea" by pressing the button under the prompt, then hit feature 64 and save.

BTW, you established 2 memberships here and you are only allowed to have one. I deleted the other one so this post would not be affected.
Mark

Mark,

Thanks for taking care of my account issues, I couldn't get the e-mail confirmation to come through to my yahoo account.

When you say press "Feature # 3", I am not exactly sure what that means. I'm sure this is way easier than I'm making it out to be. Does that mean pressing "options" on the interactive buttons "next (x5)" to reach "feat" and then the third interactive option in "accnt"

Maybe I'm confused as to which phone I have. I have a COMDIAL Impact phone here.

Thanks again for your help. This is really great of you.

Admin
Admin
basoftware,

What Mark gave you will not work. You tagged onto a DX80 system post so we assumed you had a DX80 system. If you have Impact sets then you do not have a DX80 system. You'll need to properly ID the system that your Impact set is attached to as well as the brand of voice mail to get a corect answer. Once you have that I would start a new thread based on your needs.

Dave

[Linked Image]
Dave,

Thanks for the info. I always get annoyed when people start new threads without searching first, but I clearly should have started anew on this one.

I'm going to look into the system and voice mail brand before reporting back.

Thank you both,
Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,666 Shoretel
189,590 CTX100 install
187,848 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024