Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
did you make the ext VM in the extention program

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
If I didn't, it wouldn't work at all. It works, then crashes, then on at least once occasion started up by itself. I don't see it as a programming issue, as it had been working for several months with a good set of program settings.

I'm going to replace the CPU card.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Any update on this?

OP Offline
The new CPU I replaced about a week ago didn't fix it. I pushed the L18 firmware last Friday and no problems yet. Other than I had to go out and reset the VM Tuesday morning after the power was off for ten hours last Monday afternoon.

I drove up across the street to upgrade another system with L18 and the place was dark inside...I asked if the power was out and she said it was. I thought she was joking...until I walked around the place and in the dark all I heard were UPS systems beeping. She was wasn't joking. It went off minutes before I got there and was out will middle of the night.

The battery back up on the system with the VM problems must have run down and the VM didn't' come back up when the phone system did...that appears to be a common complaint.

THE..THEN when I was there today to push the L18 like I had planned on doing Monday...the lights flickered in teh middle of the upgrade, but everything was on battery backup.

OP Offline
Its been a week now, and now calls of it going down.

But the L18 does have a few quirks...

I'll start making notes.

So what's new about that? And still no documentation on it, I'm guessing. Let us know when you get it put together. I'm very interested to see what you've found.

OP Offline
I'll start a new thread after I confirm it with my system that I'm about to flash with L18.

UPDATED: No need to start a new post. See next message.

OP Offline
To recap, I'm going to refer to two systems.

The first is where the VM kept crashing and upgraded to L18 - so far its been stable after over a week, when the week before it was crashing on a daily basis.

The second system is the one that had the lighting hit. I upgraded it to L18 which I shouldn't have really done as if problems start appearing, I wouldn't know if it was damage related or L18 related.

After the lightning strike, port 157 of the VM was intermiitant as it would not always answer, so I took it out of the VM hunt group and changed the extension type to EXT. He was happy with just three active VM ports.

After the L18 upgrade, the MSG WAIT light lit up, but instead of the display showing, "New VM Msg" (or whatever the display says), it now shows "Msg from 157 > Reply/Del"

Furthermore, the DTMF tones are lagging after you press a button. It was so noticeable, it indeed caught my attention. Customer also noticed it.

I just flashed my personal DX120 with L18 and I cannot duplicate the two above problems. My msg waiting display still says the same as before and the DTMF is still pretty fast. I'm going to use the Feature 1# ("TOUCH TONE ON") to turn on the pacifier tone and mask the actual DTMF.

I really think he should replace that system.

Anyway...thanks for all your input. The DX120 is a robust system with low cost scalability and cost effective over all installed sizes.

OP Offline
Update on crashing VM.

After three weeks it went down today.

The first thing I did was connected to it with KeyLink and it showed all four ports idle. The activity graph showed no activity past the time they called me.

Dialing each extension number, 159 ~ 162 gave me a busy.

Dialing the hunt group 433 gave me ring no-answer.

I verified I still had the replacement CPU broad installed.

I'll replace the VM card if it goes down again.

We just went back out on one today, similar symptoms. It seemed to have happened after it rained. In the past, it was a 4+4 flash voicemail on a DX80. Upgraded as high as we could, and eventually swapped out the DX80 for a DX120. Problem all but went away, until today. Ports all show idle, but are either busy or RNA when called (I think mostly always RNA). This started many months ago. Lines in that area are pretty bad, often having problems when it rains. Not sure if there's any correlation or not. We thought it had to do with the fact that we were using the UCD with prompts situation (I probably started a thread on it long ago), but maybe it's been weather-related all along. :shrug:

Update: Here is the thread I was referring to. It looks like, based on my previous description, it was busy when called, even though all ports showing IDLE. Sounds like maybe the same situation that you're running into.

Justin

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,440 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 131 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024