web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I just wanted to post this for some FYI.

I ran into an issue yesterday.

We added a PRI to a 4 cabinet (FX-ll with 17d software 195.00) system and took out 3 analog cards.

This customer already had a T-1 installed for LD.

The issue was that there was popping or static on the PRI. If you look into the log files it would show you slips. I tried to pull clocking just off the T-1 and still showing slips on that card. We tried everything and could not get it to go away. Had telco go out and he tested with me direct into his tester. It tested fine not plugged into our switch.

Long story short. Found that if you have a ribbon cabinet and you have any ISTM-C16 cards in. This will cause this issue. I had 4 of them in the expansion cabinet. When I got onsite ( 2 hour drive in the rain down windy back roads at night). I pulled only 1 of the cards out and the problem went away. I put it back in and it came back. I removed another card and it went away put it back in and the problem came back. There is no certain number of cards that will cause this to happen, my lucky number was 4. So I pulled out those 4 cards and swapped them with the 4 digital cards in the main cabinet and the service call was done.

There was allot of man hours on figuring this out, hopefully this will help you guys out in the future!

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Comdial has also stated that if you are installing either FXT1-PRI or FXNET boards into a system that it requires the boards to be installed in either the main cabinet or a cabinet ribboned off the main cabinet.

OP Offline
yep, had the t-1 nd pri in main cabinet.

------------------

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Very strange problem. Any explanation from Comdial, or are you even going to bother? I know how that goes most of the time; sometimes you just accept it and hope they eventually fix the problem.

OP Offline
Thy are working on it, they have not had to many reports on this. I called their first layer tech back this morning to tell him what was going on. He had not heard of this yet.

I know their top layer knew about it. I spoke with him this morning and he knew what it was.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BIGDOG3c (edited December 10, 2004).]

Admin
Admin
Sigh...I've been fighting this issue for months. Thanks for the headsup.

[Linked Image]
Having the same issue. 2 months ago I added an 8 port IST into an expansion cabinet.(ribbon) The exp. cab. already had two IST's cards in it. However, after adding the last one, I have had slips, which initially we blamed on the PRI provider, inability to dial in remotely and handshake, and now static left in the mail boxes. I am going to backtrack and remove the last IST card I installed and put it in the main cabinet and let it ride for a few days.

Check this link from last year. On an FXT, I had static and eventually upgrading the s/w to the latest 15 fixed it.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000341.html

OP Offline
UPDATE:

I have found out that this issue should be resolved in the new FXII cabinets that are now the MP5000. They provide the ribbon expansion cards, you know the ones tech support told us not to install when we first started to put in the expansion cabinets.

Well the new versions of these cards fix this issue. I have not tried this myself, but I have heard from their top engineers slip;s issue was resolved witht these new expander cards.

You need to use the ribbon expansion cards from the MP5000 series.

Good luck, I always make sure my guys do not put the ist cards in the expansion unless its the last option.

------------------
BIGDOG3c

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

I back tracked and removed the IST that I installed in the expansion cabinet and the static and popping seems to be gone. Also, I can now dial in remotely. I put the IST in the main and put a digital in it's place.

The slips have have slowed dramatically but I do see a few in the log.

OP Offline
I would remove all ist boards out of the ribbon cabinet if the slips continue. There is no magic number to the amount of boards, it could be one or it could be 5.

------------------
BIGDOG3c

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,557 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, hitechcomm), 100 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024