Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#29877 07/22/04 06:40 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimbo32:
OK, I did a trace from the line status. When someone tries to access vm from their station the first digit in the trace is 9. That is when you hear "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry" From their they would have to press the # key to access their mailbox. On our old system, you would just have to enter your password to accdess your mailbox. There is something missing in the routing I presume. Any suggestions?
</font>

That digit 9 is what is causing your "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". The routing box that you are hitting first, thinks you are dialing a digit 9. If there is nothing in the option field for 9 you get "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". so the easiest way to resolve the issue is to put something in the option 9 field of the routing box that is answering the call.

If it is routing box 800 goto box 800 tab down to the option field 9 put in 800.

save it and then call it. this should resolve your issue. This should be done with any other routing box that answers direct calls. Like a night, lunch or holiday routing box.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#29878 07/22/04 07:34 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I changed the digits in option 9 field for each routing box. Box 800 is my main greeting, I set that to 800. I have a box 801 and I set that one to 800 in the option 9 field. I have a box 821 which is my main menu and that had nothing set in the option 9 but it had 10 in the option 0 field. I also had a box 9990 for the system routing box and that too did not have a digit set in the option 9 field but had 888 in the option0 field. I tried accessing vm agasin but still had the same trouble. Any suggestions?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDOG3c:
That digit 9 is what is causing your "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". The routing box that you are hitting first, thinks you are dialing a digit 9. If there is nothing in the option field for 9 you get "I'm sorry that was not a valid entry". so the easiest way to resolve the issue is to put something in the option 9 field of the routing box that is answering the call.

If it is routing box 800 goto box 800 tab down to the option field 9 put in 800.

save it and then call it. this should resolve your issue. This should be done with any other routing box that answers direct calls. Like a night, lunch or holiday routing box.

</font>

#29879 07/22/04 08:01 AM
You had stated earlier that the first digit the vm sees from the switch is "9"? The switch is probably sending 9 & ext. #. How many digits are in your ext. #s? Trans.txt should have the following line for a two digit ext #.

9XX=#,XX

If you have three digit exts. it would be XXX

Turning the trace flag "T" in the trace field under the "Other Customizations" in stead of the default "D" that is there should give you a list of rules that it is trying to match as it recieves the call.

#29880 07/22/04 08:04 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimbo32:
Ok, I changed the digits in option 9 field for each routing box. Box 800 is my main greeting, I set that to 800. I have a box 801 and I set that one to 800 in the option 9 field. I have a box 821 which is my main menu and that had nothing set in the option 9 but it had 10 in the option 0 field. I also had a box 9990 for the system routing box and that too did not have a digit set in the option 9 field but had 888 in the option0 field. I tried accessing vm agasin but still had the same trouble. Any suggestions?
</font>

you want the same box number in the option 9 fieled as the routing box your in so if you have 801 put in 801 if you have 802 put in 802 803 put in 803, ect... you only need to do this to the routing boxes that first answer the call.

Second lets verify wich box is answering. make sure in your trace field you hve the letter DT. this turns on what you want to trace "D" = incoming digits "T" = digit translations.

Your trace fieled is under the system information/optional features/other customization screen.

Once you have those in there save it and go back to the display line status screen.

now hit your ALT button and hold it down while you hit the F5 utton. you should see "trace now on" at the bottom of the screen.

now make a call into the vmiail. this should run information across the screen as the call is answered.

you should see digit 9 received on line 1

now look at line 1 at the bottom of the screen and see which routing box has answered the call. This is the routing box you need do the option 9 field.

#29881 07/22/04 12:30 PM
Ok, Lets assume that you replaced the Debut with a new unit.

1. Did you call in to the system and initialize the debut to the proper "PBX" type via the Administrators mailbox?

2. The latest Debuts also have a line in the VM.cfg that would allow the latest DSU II's to auto-config themselves, this will give you a ton of problems on older DSU's.

3. You may need to contact one of us MODs directly as this can take some time to resolve.

DJ

#29882 07/23/04 03:18 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, I changed the trace field to DT. When I access the vm I get digit 9 first then I get Translation: CANNOT OPEN FILE [TRANS.TXT].
Why might that be? I don't understand. I thought I set this system up correctly...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDOG3c:
you want the same box number in the option 9 fieled as the routing box your in so if you have 801 put in 801 if you have 802 put in 802 803 put in 803, ect... you only need to do this to the routing boxes that first answer the call.

Second lets verify wich box is answering. make sure in your trace field you hve the letter DT. this turns on what you want to trace "D" = incoming digits "T" = digit translations.

Your trace fieled is under the system information/optional features/other customization screen.

Once you have those in there save it and go back to the display line status screen.

now hit your ALT button and hold it down while you hit the F5 utton. you should see "trace now on" at the bottom of the screen.

now make a call into the vmiail. this should run information across the screen as the call is answered.

you should see digit 9 received on line 1

now look at line 1 at the bottom of the screen and see which routing box has answered the call. This is the routing box you need do the option 9 field.

</font>

#29883 07/23/04 04:49 AM
It sounds like the trans.txt file is missing from the vm directory. In reference to Tipandring's first question have you run first time setup un the new debut?

Kerry

#29884 07/23/04 08:44 AM
jimbo32 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just did the first time setup and everything seems to for fine now. I set the new vm to serial integration but the lamp lights do not flash at the extensions when there is a voicemail waiting. I am not sure if I have the correct pin out for the serial cable from thedebut to the DSUI. Would you know the correct pin out. I am going from a DB9 on the COM port 2 in the Debut to an RJ-11 (RS232) to the switch. Any suggestions?
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
It sounds like the trans.txt file is missing from the vm directory. In reference to Tipandring's first question have you run first time setup un the new debut?

Kerry
</font>

#29885 07/23/04 09:21 AM
The pinout is:

RJ - DB
3 - 3
4 - 2
5 - 5

If you have a connector that lets you program from the terminal it should work for VM connection. You can also test it by putting it on a laptop and seeing if you can get into programming. If you switch is a 1632 you should be hooked up to the 3rd rs-232 port. Also you might want to check the your baud rates match on the switch and VM.

#29886 07/23/04 11:24 AM
Also the software in the DSU has to be 19 or 20 to get serial integration to work.

DJ

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,156 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024