Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
pvpjohn Offline OP
OP Offline
The key is definitely plugged in. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you want to be conservative you might try re-loading the software, maybe a driver file is damaged. The next logical move would be to replace the ivpc board in my opinion. What do you think bigdog?
mark

You the man Mark!!

I would try and reload before spending the money.

I would copy the whole vm directory to a temp. directory and reload.

I would also save a copy of the autoexec.bat and the config.sys off the root. just to be safe.

or to be real safe load another drive with dos 6.22 and then install the software. If you have the same issue on boot up I would look towards hardware.

voice board or maybe the system just is not seeing the key. maybe a parallel port issue.

If you have an old machine laying around, move the hard drive, key and voice card to it. see if it boots good then.

All the info from Markk and Bigdog is right on the money but I will put my two cents in anyway [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. If the dongle is good (and they do go bad but not often) you will see the number of ports on the screen. Not finding the drivers can be a corrupted file or IRQ conflict. Any changes lately, such as a modem addition? A software reload may be your best bet, when saving files be sure to save the trans.txt file as well.

Is there any way to confirm that the key is working. It seems there should another way to detect that. On on my client system if the key is removed then error message appears when impact conceirge system is ran, indicating that the security key is missing, but when re-installed the the error does not appear but key voice mail system goes into demo mode. any susgestions? I have moved the ivpc board around but no positive results.

you can check the hard drive and see if they have keymod.exe on it.

Its been awhile but I think it will read the key.

It may be in the C:\vm directory.

I did check but there was not a keymod.exe file on the entire system. The system they have it running on is analog dialogic board. Any futher info. would be helpful.

Is there such a thing as a dual key dongle. Because it seems to work for the conceirge software but not for the keyvoice.

Do you have a concierge system with a seperate PC for voicemail or is this one that has concierge and voicemail in one PC.
Also the concierge system did not use ivpc boards in the voicemail. Was the voicemail added later?

One PC with a dial-logic board for the keyvoice system, under the windows 95 platform. Keyvoice in dos shell mode and conceirge in windows base.

sorry, forgot, the voice mail and the concierge system was done at the same time. The voice mail system stopped working after 4 years in use.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,184 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 93 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024