Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SST Offline
MPOE= Minimum Point Of Effort.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SST, I like that. smile

It doesn't matter, here, if there are different addresses. Verizon's responsibility ends at their one designated demarc no matter if it's one building or ten. We do a lot of work for the county housing authority and every property has multiple addresses and every new Verizon supplied circuit terminates at the MPOE of the management office, even if the circuit is for building 25, 2 miles away. We gave up fighting with them and just know we are in for either OSP or in building construction. The odd thing about this whole thing is the union got involved about 5 years ago and this was one of the items they "won" from management. Just like, in 1978 or around there, they bargained away having to set any pole larger than 40' or class 3. They "won" that one and contractors have been setting poles ever since. I really don't get it, but, I guess I don't have to.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
MPOE used to mean Minimum Point Of Entry to the Sub's Premise. Now it means Anything from the original phone room to the pedestal?
I'm happy when the MPOE is actually inside the building, not hanging on the outside.

I have one site with 100 pair coming from the street, and five 25-pair feeds going to each suite. All shoved into a weatherproof housing with no wire management. Multi-colored spaghetti.

Originally posted by SST:
MPOE= Minimum Point Of Effort.
This. The LEC in my state, Fairpoint, inherited this policy from Verizon, sadly and annoyingly.

Originally posted by DND ON: I'm happy when the MPOE is actually inside the building, not hanging on the outside.

I have one site with 100 pair coming from the street, and five 25-pair feeds going to each suite. All shoved into a weatherproof housing with no wire management. Multi-colored spaghetti.
Apparently I jinxed myself here: had to go to this site yesterday and go into that box to trace a bad line!

93mdk93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by skip555:
I would have the customers contact the mall management about it then follow up with a meeting with the manger
That was the first thing I tried... Unfortunately, the new BMOC needed to show me how stalwart he was.

Originally posted by Rcaman:
It's called "Restraint Of Free Trade. I fought this one in PA and won. I don't know the exact procedure for any other state, but I'm sure it's similar. Here's what you must do:
I can do this, no problem. Good lookin' out!

Thanks everyone, this has been an educational thread. Sorry for posting and disappearing for a couple weeks - we've been deluged in work.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,570 Shoretel
189,440 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (highlysecptial), 151 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024