web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#263842 01/29/08 03:13 PM
Does he have VMWare installed? I've found that the default VMWare network settings sometimes conflict with some of the SOHO routers, although if he's able to browse the lan, that is probably not the problem.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#263843 01/30/08 01:41 PM
OP Offline
Well I think I've got it resolved. I finally got my hands on them today and the problem got even more bizarre. On my network they worked flawlessly, so I took both of them back over to the client's house. Sure enough when I got over there the problems popped up again, however my laptops worked fine from his network, so I rebuilt the TCP Stack, and then upgraded all the network drivers just as a precaution. By the time I got done they seemed to be fine. The real test will come when he gets them back to the law firm tomorrow morning and we find out if they work there.

Thanks for all the input guys.

#263844 01/31/08 04:22 AM
sph Offline
I would also try to find out whether the customer uninstalled something recently. Also, run an antivirus & antispyware check on the laptops and the network. There is a somewhat obscure part of Windows networking called "Winsock" that provides "jacks" for 3rd party network extensions (called LSPs), to plug into. Occasionally, when the 3rd party software is uninstalled, the "plugs" fail to remove. Also, spyware often plugs into these software "jacks".
If this is the case, (and I'm not sure it is, but it looks like it), it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a complete scan on your net too.
There is a way to tell whether the problem is a Winsock LSP gone bad:

You need to install the XP Support Tools on the Windows CD (browse to \Support\Tools, run Setup.exe). Then, open a command window and enter:
netdiag /test:winsock /v.
If the diag found a problem, open a command window and type:
netsh winsock reset
Then immediately restart the computer.
After restart you should reinstall the TCP stack.
This should do it. The above work only on Win XP SP2.
Mind you, there's a chance Winsock was reset after you reinstalled the drivers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,879 Shoretel
189,987 CTX100 install
188,106 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024